Chapter 18: Solo part 2

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are doing well. I'm sorry if this is going to be long, but my brain is bustling with ideas about the solo era, so I'm just going to write them down for you to hopefully enjoy. 

Thank you again for your support. 

Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 5th, 2023

When Jisoo got home from Kuala Lumpur, all she had the energy for was taking a quick shower before she fell asleep.

She had been on the go for the past few weeks. They had only spent 48 hours in Malaysia, they got there on the 3rd late, the concert was on the 4th and on her way home very early this morning. She had been happy to see here parents at the concert and she really did give it her all. She loved the fact that they took the time to visit her whenever she needed some family time. They had joined her in every leg of the world tour: US, Europe and now Asia.

She came back from LA where she filmed her music video for a week on the 23rd and had to leave again for Paris Fashion Week on the 27th. She stayed in Paris meeting Dior teams and filming promotional videos until she took a plane for Kuala Lumpur with Rosie. She hadn't spent more than a couple of hours with Haein since valentine's day. She was looking forward to a couple of days in his arms. 

For now, she hadn't felt this tired in a long time. Between the exertion that resulted from the physical part of her job, the jet lag and the toll it took on her body and the psychological effort her ambassadorships required, her batteries were completely depleted. As much as she wanted to sleep 24hrs, today marked the launch of her Solo Album's pre-ordering period. She had to be up to post it on Instagram.

She sent Haein a message, letting him know she was home, about to take a nap and looking forward to seeing him soon. She fell asleep before she read his reply. When the alarm sounded, she woke up just enough to post and fell back asleep, she tasked Becky to keep an eye on things and wake her if she needed to repost something important.

When Haein got to Jisoo's apartment, he found her sound asleep, the soft rise and fall of her chest the only movement in the room. He stood there for a moment, taking in the sight of her. She looked so vulnerable when she slept, all her worries and stresses forgotten in those moments of rest.

Haein had missed her so much, he even contemplated the idea of waking her up. However, her Hello Kitty plushy was nowhere to be seen, which meant she had been so tired she was willing to risk having nightmares rather than opening her luggage.

In the middle of the night, Jisoo woke up feeling thirsty and disoriented. The last thing she recalled was posting her Solo poster on Instagram. She felt a steady breath on her hair and a heavy arm on her waist before she saw the face she had missed so much. She took a few minutes to watch him sleep peacefully. His hair was much longer and almost covered his beautiful eyes, she could clearly see the dark bags underneath them. She couldn't wait for him to finish filming this project so he could finally take a break. He had been working almost non-stop for 10 years and since 2020, he barely had a week off between projects. She gently extracted herself from his hold, when her stomach grumbling reminded that she had skipped lunch and dinner and only had a couple of jellies before bed.

As soon as her feet touched the ground, she felt her legs give up and fell in the floor with a large thud.

The loud noise immediately roused her boyfriend from his slumber, and he quickly sat up, concern written all over his face. "Jisooya, are you okay?" he asked his voice thick with sleep, reaching for the bedside lamp and illuminating the room.