Engaged

"Hey I need you to cover for me," Maddie said entering Josie's room but the girl was getting dressed for something "Did I miss something?"

"I'm going to practice,"

"Looking that cute no ways, spill," Josie looked at the outfit she was wearing she didn't think it was cute. A pair of sweaters with a shirt and all stars was not cute.

"I am giving something a new try one can never be too old to try something new," Maddie rolled her eyes at the old part knowing her niece was talking about playing football, she had recently become obsessed with it to the point where you couldn't have a conversation without her mentioning the sport.

"You're about to join the marine in the coming months, when will you have time to for football, just watch from the sidelines."

"I will make time."

"Just because Uncle Edward disappointed granny when he dropped out doesn't mean you have to do it okay, that green beret is not worth it," Maddie argued not wanting to see her niece go through the gruesome marine training, that had their uncle crying not that she did not have faith in Josie, but not many women have completed the training and even some men have failed so why did they think a seventeen year old could compete it, "focus on football then and leave the military training you'll join when you're 20 or older."

"No," Josie said, putting her hair into two fishtail braids "I can do this."

"You have training, university, and now this... you need to rest, and if I have to make another post about how you're being overworked, then I will."

"Okay, I'll drop university," she said with a shoulder shrug.

"And the marines training along with the navy and air force, you already graduated from Sandhurst that's enough," Maddie stated but Josie ignored.

"I already swore I would do them; I can't drop out before even trying."

"Leave football then."

"I can't already have Granny send out a few letters."

Maddie groaned, covering her face with her hands. "You're unbelievable," Josie looked at Maddie's hand before her eyes widened in surprise.

"Is that what I think it is?" Josie said, looking at Maddie's hands. "He proposed!" she exclaimed loudly, taking Maddie's hand. Maddie blushed and nodded, a mix of excitement and disbelief evident on her face. "I can't believe it either," she whispered, feeling a surge of happiness overwhelm her.