Freedom

Stanley POV:

Okay, this is gonna be very awkward. Where do i even start?

"Oh hey Marie, this is the guy that kidnapped me, then we escaped, oh and, we are also getting a divorce because i love him."

I mean, that would be accurate..

"Uhm..Well.. i am not sure where to start.."

"How about you tell me why you suddenly left??"

She asked.

"I didn't leave because i wanted to.. i was.. trapped in some kind of game..it sounds weird, i can't really explain it but i hope we left for good now."

"So you were kidnapped?? We have to call the police!"

"Uh.. no.. it's fine, i'd rather just not think about it anymore."

"What are you saying? What if he hurts more people! We have to!"

"We don't.. we don't even know who really did it.. it's.. please, i am already stressed enough, just leave it be.."

"What does your friend say to all of this??"

"..Just let him out of this."

"Why? He is a victim too isn't he? He should have a choice as well!"

The Narrator began to speak.

"Ah..uhm..i am in no position to speak.. i am the one who trapped him there in the first place.."

"..What the hell.. and you know this Stanley?"

"Of course i do.. it's.. it's much more complicated than you think."

"You are just letting the kidnapper stay here??"

"He's not a kidnapper.. i think."

"Stanley what happened to you? What did they do to you? Why are you acting this way..?"

Marie got closer to Stanley and took his hands.

"Please.. Stanley.. we can be a family again. Yes, i am still confused and angry but you're still my husband, and our son misses you too."

"Marie.."

"Stanley.. please.."

Marie began to cry and hugged her husband.

Stanley hugged his wife back.

"Marie, I am sorry. Things changed."

"What does that mean? Are you gonna .. break up with me? Are you gonna leave your son behind?"

Stanley closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

"I don't love you anymore, Marie. I love someone else. I will still be there for you and our son. I want to be in his life."

Marie was devastated.

"..You love someone else.. who is it? How do you fall in love with someone else when you are kidnapped-"

Marie paused for a second, looking at the Narrator.

"No fucking way. Don't tell me.."

"Yes.. it's him.."

"You have some serious issues, Stanley. What did he do to you? Stockholm syndrome?? How could you possibly love that guy? Do i have to remind you, he kidnapped you??"

"..Marie, i know this is all.. much. It must be crazy to you, but it's my decision."

"You know what? I think i might have dodged a bullet with you. You are sick. You are not normal."

"Okay. I will pack some stuff and let you think about all this."

Stanley packed some stuff, said goodbye to his son and left the building with the Narrator.

"Stanley.. i'm sorry.. maybe she's right.. maybe i should go and you should be your family.."

"No, don't say that, please. I want to be with you. I mean it. I don't think i could be happy without you."

Stanley hugged the Narrator.

"..Thank you, Stanley. I love you."

Stanley smiled like an idiot as he finally heard the Narrator say "I love you."

"Well then, i guess we are going to my home?"

The Narrator asked.

Stanley took the Narrators hand as they began to walk.

----