(𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

AREUM HATED DANCING MOST. She felt that she was firm in vocals but incredibly weak in dancing. She despised it. So when she was told to dance every day for hours as practice, she knew that she would have to do something about it.

Every night, the nights when she could not sleep, she would stay back and dance. She would dance and dance along the green-walled room in front of the mirror until she collapsed on the wooden floor, facing up at the bright lights.

She breathed heavily and was about to sit up when a voice interrupted the silence.

"You're dancing too quickly," he said, his quiet voice appearing loud in the room.

Soonyoung walked to the middle of the room after playing the song and danced along with the rhythm. Areum, who had moved to the side, watched as he freely moved his body as though he had no bones to restrict him from getting into places he wanted to go.

It was when the music stopped that Areum realised that she had been staring at him with her mouth open. She looked away, embarrassed as he turned around.

"Noona told me to assist you," he said, referring to their dance teacher. "Come, I'll teach you."

Staring at the hand stuck in front of her, Areum hesitantly took it. It was like there was a wave of electricity that washed over her because when she stood up, her body felt cold.

Soonyoung was not the easiest to befriend, especially for someone like her. And there they were, standing in the middle of the green room, in front of the mirror, dancing together at midnight.

It was like a miracle.

[ ~ ~ ~ ⚘ ~ ~ ~ ]

"Areumie," a voice called out for her from behind.

Soonyoung was standing behind her, head slightly lowered and eyes peeking slightly at her. In his trembling hands was a box of chocolates and he stood there for a moment, not saying anything else.

Seokmin and Seungkwan stared at the two in front of them, eyes filled with anticipation as they waited for either of them to do something.

Gathering all the courage he could, Soonyoung stuck both his arms out and held out the box of chocolates for her to take. Areum tried speaking but nothing came out. Instead, she slowly took the chocolates out of his hands and into hers, bowing a 90-degree bow.

"Thank you," her quiet voice tingled in his already reddening ears.

Soonyoung said nothing. He stood there motionlessly, not knowing what else to do. Areum was confused as well as she held the box of chocolates close to her. Not wanting to act selfish, Areum opened the box and gave him one nicely wrapped chocolate.

Seungkwan had a large smile on his face, resisting awe at their interaction. Seokmin just wrapped her arm around Soonyoung and faced Areum with a cheeky smile.

"Can I have one too?" he asked and the girl immediately took another out.

Seungkwan then jumped in between them and said, "What about me? Where's my chocolate?"

Areum quickly took another one and gave him the chocolate. And one by one, each of the boys approached her and held out their hands for the chocolate. Soonyoung was slowly pushed back, lips pouting at her attention that was not on the others.

Seongcheol watched as the girl slowly lost her chocolates until there was none left. The others were already happily thanking her and eating the chocolates. Areum stood silently, feeling a tad bit upset that she did not get any of the chocolates.

Out of nowhere, a hand appeared in front of her, a chocolate wrapped in red sparkly wrapper. The girl turned her head and came face-to-face with the eldest of the group, one who appeared intimidating to her.

Seongcheol gestured for the chocolate and she took it, her cheeks dusted in pink when she realised that he had noticed her empty hands. The boy smiled and patted her hair, letting her end the day with a change of thought.