Remembering the Past

When I look back at how broken I was, and how I looked to people to fix me, I get embarrassed and sad. Expecially when I think about Reira. If I saw her today she would feel devastated she broke up with me our softmore year of high school. Now I'm not the same shy, jokester she knew and my appearance has changed a bit too. I've gotten taller, I am now 6'2, with dark intentionally messy hair, fit, well dressed. I also have an amazing job working at an office where we create anything advertising. I'm now a partner of my branch, along with an amazing girlfriend who I've known since high school name Miranda. Shes still as beautiful as she was then. Standings 5'5 with short dirty blond hair a beautiful body and amazing blue eyes. I have it all no thanks to that no good rude, heartless, asshole Reira. For now I'm glad to have finally moved forward in life and have had my closure.... I think?
"Hey Jacob!"
I turned and see it's my coworker and friend Leon.
"Hey Leon how's it hanging?"
I turn and say to my short, lanky friend.
"Ha a little to the left I guess"
We both laugh at that terrible joke.
So what did you need man? And hurry I want to get to the restaurant before Miranda. That day was our three year anniversary.
Ooo shit sorry man I'll be quick, we need to start the pitch for the that new company. Ummm what the hell is the name geo, neo?

Don't you mean Leo's place? It was a new restaurant that opened in downtown.

Yay! that we need to pitch the idea in two weeks and we don't even have a sketch.

Look I'll start the paper work with the photographers and start creating a story bord you just need to contact Jess for the copyrights and distribution.

OK thanks man and good luck with Miranda today.
He smaked my arm and walked away. I was excited tonight I was going to ask Miranda to marry me I had the ring ready and I was ready to settle down.
I drove to the restaurant and double chucked everything was perfect. The table the music the flowers everything. I was feeling confident.
Later Miranda walked in wearing a blue spaghetti strap dress that hugged her beautiful curves.
She rushed over to me and gave me a hug and a kiss.
Well looks like someone is happy to see me. I said playfully teasing her.
Well how can I not be I'm dating the most handsome successful guy in here and sitting at a table in a five star restaurant. Ooo Jacob your just too good to me. Like music to my ears her saying something I already kmow, it just goes to show you how amazing she is. I love how great full Miranda always is, I can name another person who will remain nameless (Reira) who wasn't great full like Miranda. But ooo well her loss.
Miranda sat in her chair and I pushed her in, and sat across from her.
Wow Jacob you really out done yourself this restaurant is too much and the usual wait is like months.
Well nothing is to much for my girl and the owner isn't afraid to pull strings for an old friend.
Either way Jacob it's too much.
She sat there wandering her eyes around the restaurants sleek atmosphere.
After we ate and talked it was time. The band began playing "your beautiful by James Blunt".
Awe what a beautiful song.
As she turned to watch the band I pulled out the gray box with a baby blue ribbon on it and set it in front of her place at the table.
Jacob this so......
She paused as she saw the box I sat back and smile at her.
She began to slowly and with shaky hands unwraping the bow then opened the box.
Her eyes widen and she covered her mouth and she shead a couple tears.
Ooo my god Jacob. She said smiling trying not to cry.
Well what do you say you want to be misses Miranda Sandaval?
She covered her mouth and nodded yes.
I got up and walked to her and got on one knee and put the ring on. It was round cut 24 carrot Dimond with five small 14 carrot Diamonds on each side. And a blue sapphire under the main Dimond. It fit her hand beautifully.
I looked up at her and smiled.
She looked down at me and smiled with tear filled eyes.
Thank you Jacob.
Hey come on M I wouldn't have made it through college without you, the best thing I can do is give you a happy life.
She dropped down and hugged me so tight I almost couldn't breathe. In that moment I felt I was ready to leave my past behind and love her. And this will be perfect....... I think? As long as Reira doesn't show up or pop into my mind I'm ok..... I think?
Please don't let me see Reira it hurts too much.