Seeing her again

After my exciting night with Miranda I still had to work the next day. Today if I would have known my past was going to enter my life I think I would've stopped it.
Hey Jacob get ready were heading out.
Patrick said over my shoulder.
Why? Where are we going, I got to start the story bored for Leo's restaurant.
The bosses said they need us to check out this editorial company a couple of blocks from here.
An editorial company? What was the point of this. Maybe we need to create a Web page or a bill bored or something, this is really unusual the company usually comes to us.
So why do they need us over there?
Well believe this or not Apparently the have the best panel of writers in the city, and a group of amazing artists. I think there trying to merge with them so they can use them to there disposal.
Great last thing we need is a bunch of hipsters and gossip columnists.
Well I guess I just have to deal with it.
We drove to the building, which stood 5 or 6 story's high and was white with billions of windows.
We walked in and found a couple couches and some cigarette ash trays next to them.
The ground floor was completely empty and was all mat metallic and white floors with a navy blue carpet at the door.
Patrick is this the right place?
He glanced at the paper with the address.
It looks like it, same address.
Then where the hell is everyone?
We looked around and found no one in site.
There wasn't even a receptionists desk.
Should we just leave?
Soon the elevators in the back opened and a skinny guy in his early 20s ran out wearing jeans, black convers and a navy blue sweat shirt.
Hello Mr Sandaval and Mr Damon.
Pore kid was breathing really hard like he ran a marathon.
I'm so sorry sirs we thought you guys were coming next week on Tuesday not this Thursday.
I felt some what bad for the kid.
No its ok kid we just got here.
Great. Thank you for being so patient with us. We're so sorry, but do not fear I will give you a tour around all our offices and show you some of are different writing floors purposes.
I was very impressed every floor was different they had journalism a magazine and the last two floors were for novelist and the fourth floor was for graphic novels like manga.
When we entered that floor almost every office was alive and colorful. Well except one the shades were closed on there side and the lights dim all were extremely dead. All had there head on the desk and looked to be asleep. One was at the head of the table which was covered by mountains of books and paperwork, he was leaning back in his chair and had a book resting on his face.
Ummm are they alright?
The kid smiled and rubbed the back of his head.
Ummm yay this is the head of manga design and writing they read over everything and make sure that it's distributed on time and they collect data from sales.
He pointed to the head of the table.
That's Kris he's the assistant to the executive of novels and manga department. He flung his hand in the air and waved then went back to sitting there doing nothing.
Patrick to my left nudged me on my arm.
Hey man my assistant texted my team needs me pronto something went wrong with our add.
Yay sure go ahead I can get a cab and finish up here.
Thanks Jacob you really saved me.
Patrick quickly left. The kid began to tell me more about that level when a short skinny girl with curly hair wearing a plaid red blazer that fitted her body, skinny jeans and heals that were back that laced up to the ankle. She stood at the end of the table with her hands on her waist.
Kris! She said really pissed off sounding.
She made the hole table jump even Kris jumped up and reviled his face.
He was young some what attractive with soft kinda long black hair with brown eyes and a strong sharp yet soft face shape.
I gotta admit the truth he was good looking. He was dressed more casual I guess, he wore a mossy green over coat and a charcoal gray shirt and jeans and black dress shoes.
Kris! Have you finished the editing of the story bored. She crossed her arms and stood over him.
He rubbed his face
Reira babe please give us a break we only have two more chapters.
She slowly grabbed the thickest magazine and rolled it up behind her back.
Well then I guess I can wait and so can the artists.
Quickly she swung the magazine to where it almost hit him in between his eyes.
He scrunched his neck down and had his eyes bulging out of his head.
Kris finish the chapters now or I can and will beat you to death!
Y-yes miss scary mean abusive Reira.
Ooo ya I'll show you abusive.
She began to swing but Kris dodge each swing.
With disbelief at what I was seeing. I asked the kid I was with if this was ok.
Ooo yay sir this happens all the time. This is how miss Collins motives her staff.
Can't she take a less harmful approach?
Well She tried that no one took her serious, but she's not that mean she's way too kind to genuinely hurt anyone.
I smiled at the flustered child like girl but couldn't help to feel a strong sense that I knew her.
Her porcelain skin, small face rosey lips
Big dark brown eyes. Medium length curly hair with a strand of platinum blonde hair on each side.
What did you say her name was Layla right.
The kid looked at me and humorously smiled.
Close her name is Reira.
In that moment my heart fell the one word I would have no could have lived without. The girls name I cursed in the sky. The girl who came with a smile and left you feeling sad.
No not her why now? Why was she still here why?
What cruel joke is this!