Chapter six

" Got some news for you guys," Zulu says after we get our milkshakes.

" Wassap?" Rihanna asks.

" Well," Zulu began. " The yearly art competitions are coming, and I'm thinking of signing up,"

" Thinking? Girl, don't think 'bout shit,' Rihanna said. " You are an artist and artist ain't fools, so don't act all foolish!"

" Okay, harsh," Zulu said, clutching her chest.

Today was a Saturday, and we're having a girls' day out at a café. We all have our milkshakes and a huge bowl of French fries with ketchup in front of us.

" Yeah, she's right, Zulu," I said as I picked up a french fry. " What do you want to think about? You have to sign up. It's your dream. "

" I know, I know," Zulu sighed. " But, what if I don't win or I'm disqualified for not being pretty enough or having black hair?"

" Girl, that's just stupid!" Rihanna shouted but still had her voice in control. " No damn competition ever does that," she said and touched Zulus hair. " And your hair's perfect!"

" I know I'm just nervous, that's all," Zulu said and took a gulp of her milkshake.

I'm just noticing that Willow hasn't said anything. She's sitting and shoving French fries in her mouth while her eyes are on her phone.

" Willow, are you okay?" I asked her.

" Never been better," she answered, still not looking up.

" What's so interesting in your phone that you're forgetting girls' day out?" I asked again.

" Oh, I'm just checking out Roy's Instagram page. It's dope!" She answered, showing us her phone screen.

" That's it, lover girl!" Rihanna suddenly snapped. " It's girls' day out. No boys allowed, not even on that dammed phone! Hand it over." She reaches out for the phone.

" ' Comon, Rihanna ' Willow whines.

" Hand- it- o-ver," Rihanna says again, and Willow reluctantly releases her phone. " My baby," she says and playfully covers her eyes.

" I've alloways adored your phone pouch," Zulu says. " Mind of I take it?"

Willow looked at her sharply. " Of course I mind!"

Zulu raises her hands. " Easy, I just made a request."

" Well, don't reqist that,"

" It's request," Zulu corrected

" Whatever," Willow rolled her eyes and sat back in her chair.

" Don't be sad. It is girls' day out, not girls and phones day out, " I said, patting her hand.

Willow scuffs. " Not helping Charm." She says. " I wasn't planning on helping," I replied. Willow rolled her eyes at me in return.

" Girls, I also got gist." Rihanna suddenly says. We all look at her. " What?"

" Well," she begins. " Ben asked me out to the movies."

We all look at her, then scream, attracting a lot of stares, not like we care anyway. " Oh my God, Rihanna, congrats," Willow says, hugging her tightly.

" Ah, ah! Easy girl. I ain't getting married, " Rihanna says, pushing her away.

" Still, it's good news. " I say smiling. " How many kids do you plan on having?"

Rihanna glares at me, and I laugh hard.

" Rihanna and Ben sitting on a tree," Willow says.

" K-I-S- S-I-N-G!" We all complete and start giggling loudly. Suddenly, the café manager comes to us.

" Good day, ladies. Do you mind keeping your voices down? You're disturbing other customers, " he said.

" Oh, sorry," Willow says, and the man nods and then leaves.

" Let's get outta here," Willow says after the man had gone, and we nod in agreement, then devour the remains of our fries and milkshakes before leaving.

We keep teasing Rihanna. " Wow, you guys should be called # Benri, no # Hanben, no-" Willow says, thinking of a cute couple name for Rihanna and Ben.

" I know, how about # Rien." Zulu squels.

We all nod and laugh except Ruhanna. " Yeah, # Rien,"

" Fuck you guys!" Rihanna shouts showing us the finger. And we do ours back.

Willow suddenly stops. " Hey, Rihanna said no boy talk allowed on this girls' day out, but here we are matching them together," she says.

" Well, their relationship is worth talking about." I say to her.

" Ooooh," Zulu and Rihanna shout. Willow glares at me but then starts laughing with Zulu and Rihanna.