Chapter Eight

Yep. Roy and his boys have arrived. I roll my eyes as I see Willows face light up. She's so into him, and she can't even hide it.

She immediately stands up and goes to him, grabbing his arm and pulling him to our table.

" Hey," Devon says and sits next to me.

" Hi," I reply.

I see Chris sitting next to Zulu, and I smile. I'm sure she already likes him. It's so obvious with the way she stared at him when he walked in.

I'm having a nice conversation with Devon. ( Well, he's doing most of the talking). He seems sweet but not my type. I'm not even sure what my type of boy is.

I don't have any love history, and that makes Rihanna and Willow mad. Mostly Rihanna, who's all about 'you need a man'. One day, I'll ask about her love history.

Willow, on the other hand, has dated 4 boys already. Since we became friends in high school, she told me. I was like, what! 4 boys that's too much. It's like writing yourself a suicide note: ' Hey, I really want to kill myself, so I'm dating four boys'. I'm not sure if she dated them at the same time, I hope not.

Willow then stands up to go somewhere soon. Devon also leaves to another table where some girls call him for a selfie. After a while, I look up and catch Roy staring at me. " What?" I ask him.

" Nothing, it's just that you look familiar. Have we met somewhere before?" He asks.

I shake my head. " No, I don't think I've seen you before except on TV or social media ." I say, and he laughs a little.

" Yeah. I and the guys actually took a break from music for a while. That's why we're in this school. " He tells me, and I nod my head slightly.

" But wait, you chose this school. I mean, this school is nice and all but, seriously?"

He smiles. " There's a girl that was my friend who's attending this school, so I thought maybe I'd see her here."

" Really? What's her name?"

Roy scratches his head for a while. " I can't remember."

" You came looking for a friend, and you don't remember her name. How do you expect to find her?" I asked him.

" I don't know yet," he said

" Do you know what she looks like?" I ask.

He pauses for a while. " Um, yeah, kinda. But I don't know what she'll look like now cause it's been a long time since I've seen her."

" You're hopeless," I say, shaking my head. " How do you write songs with a memory this bad?"

" My memory's not bad. Her face and name just swept out of my mind." says, trying to defend himself.

" What was the first sentence I said?" I ask him.

He looks puzzled and then thinks for a while. " You asked me ' what?' When I was looking at you,' he said.

I shake my head. " No. First sentence, not first word. The first sentence I said was,' No, I dont think I've seen you before except on TV or social media'".

Roy looks at me smiling. " You're good to have a conversation with," he says.

I smile back. " Sadly, I can't say that back to you cause I'll be lying."

We both laugh.

Then Willow comes and takes over with Roy. While I joined Zulu and Chris.

--------

Later, after school, when I was on my way back home without Rihanna then Roy came to me. " Hey," he says.

" Hi. What's with the mask?" I ask him, noticing the black mask he had on.

" I don't want to get noticed too much," he answers.

" Are you sure you're not just putting it on cause you're too ugly?" I ask. And he laughs.

" We both know that's not the reason," he says.

" I don't find you attractive if that's what you mean," I say quickly.

" Wow, you're the first who'd say that." He says.

" Then I'm the only one with good eyes."

I can see he's smiling behind the mask. " Um.. can I get your number?" He asks.

" What for? I don't do home service." I say.

He chuckles. " Seriously. You're great company, "

I smile and pretend to blush while fanning myself with my hand. " Wow, I feel so flattered ."

" 'Cmon. I'm serious, your number. " he brings out his phone.

I take it and put in my number. " Great, I'll call you," he says. " My driver's here. Can I drop you home?" He offers.

" Nah, I like walking. It calms me. " I decline politely.

" I insist," he says.

" I'm okay,"

After a little argument, I decided to follow him.

------

Hey. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Like and comment. ❤️