Ch. 2 - The Black Spot (Pt. 1)

The crew was asleep below deck meanwhile Jack and I were still up. He was charting a course to find the key that was on the cloth. Jack seemed to have some trouble charting which isn't like him. The arrow on Jack's compass keeps moving. How odd. Normally it doesn't move unless.. Jack is afraid of where the key is. Just as he thought he was getting somewhere, the arrow completely turned left. I was lazily lounging around in one of the chairs in the captain's cabin. I heard Jack put down his things on the table out of frustration and irritation. I figured he'd take a swig of rum to clear his head so I decided to check the bottle.

"We're out of rum, Jackie.", I said.

"Why is the rum always gone?", he asked looking towards me for an answer. I shrugged.

"Beats me. How 'bout we head down and get some more rum?", I suggested. His eyes lit up a little. Its almost impossible to separate Jack from his rum.

"Wonderful idea, Fel!", Jack said almost drunkenly. He staggered across the room to grab his hat and coat.

~The Blood of The Sea~

As we made it downstairs to the hold where all the rum and other supplies were kept, Jack pulled out a key to unlock a room that was filled with barrels and other cargo. I took a look around at the rack, hoping to find a bottle filled with rum. I saw a little feeder creature attached to a beam of wood. As Jack looked around the rack, he found a rum bottle that wasn't filled with rum but filled with sand. Before he could put the bottle back, a husky voice came out of the dark. Startled, Jack dropped the bottle.

"Times up, Jack.", the dark ominous voice said. Jack dropped the bottle filled with sand, startled. I handed the lantern to Jack so we could get a closer look at the mysterious man.

"Bootstrap?", Jack asked curiously.

"Bill Turner.", I said in realization.

"You look good, Jack.", Bootstrap complimented.

"Is this a dream?", I asked almost curiously/sarcastically.

"No.", Bootstrap said, confused.

"I thought not. If it were there'd be rum.", Jack stated in an almost complaining manner. Just then Bootstrap handed him a bottle of rum that was covered in crust and some sea life.

"You got the Pearl back, I see.", Bootstrap complimented Jack.

"I had some help retrieving the Pearl by the way.", Jack said.

"Your son.", Jack then took a drink from the bottle.

"William?", Bootstrap asked Jack and getting an approval nod as a response.

"He became a pirate after all.", He said, his voice sounding disappointed. Not disappointed with Will however but with himself.

"And what do we owe the pleasure of your carbuncle?", Jack asked.

"He sent me.", Bootstrap said in a suspenseful manner.

"Who?", I asked.

"Davy Jones.", Bootstrap said darkly. He then glanced at me.

"Ah. So it's you then. He shanghaied you into service, eh?", Jack asked.

"I chose it.", Bootstrap said seriously.

"I'm sorry for the part I played in the mutiny against you, Jack."

"I stood up for you. Everything went wrong after that. They strapped me to a canon. I ended up at the bottom of the ocean. The weight of tbe water crushing down on me. Unable move. Unable to die, Jack.", Bootstrap said in a sad tone.

"I thought that even the tiniest hope of escaping this fate. I'd take it. I'd trade anything for it.", Bootstrap said almost regretfully.

"It's funny what a man will do to forestall his final judgement.", Jack said trying to escape the conversation.

"You made a deal with him too, Jack. He raised the Pearl from the depths for you. 13 years you've been a captain." ,Bootstrap reminded Jack

"Technically-", Jack trying to justify his actions.

"Jack, you won't be able to talk yourself out of this. The terms that applied to me, apply to you as well. One soul. Bound to crew 100 years aboard the Dutchman.",Bootstrap explained.

"Yes, but the Flying Dutchman already has a captain, so there's re-", Jack said trying to talk his way out.

"Then it's the Locker for you!", Bootstrap said angrily.

"Jones' terrible leviathan will find you and drag the Pearl back to the depths and you along with it.", Bootstrap said threatening.

"Any idea when Jones might release said terrible beastie?", Jack asked a little afraid.

"I've already told you, Jack. The time is up. He comes now. Drawn with ravenous hunger to the man who has the black spot.