Ch. 6 - Isla De Pelegostos (Pt. 3)

As my eyes slowly started to open, I found myself tied to a bamboo pole along with Will who was also starting to wake up from being tranquilized.

"Jack?", I asked, looking at Jack with a confused expression who had a whole bunch of face paint all over him. Is this what he does when I'm not around?

"Jack Sparrow! I can honestly say I'm glad to see you", Will said with a relieved chuckle which was soon replaced by a confused one when Jack started speaking in some sort of language.

"Tell 'em to let us down.", I told Jack but he seemed as if he wasn't listening to me.

Jack started speaking in that foreign language again which I assumed was the native tongue of the cannibals that lived on this island. This went on for about 20 minutes or so until Jack staggered over to me

"Save me!", Jack whispered to me, his tone sounding desperate and he was speaking English and not whatever language he was talking in earlier.

"Wait what?", I whispered back before speaking in a louder tone "Jack, what did you tell 'em?", I asked out of curiosity and also in a slightly desperate manner.

"Jack, what about Elizabeth?", Will asked. "Jack? Jack!", Will called out in slight annoyance now.

A few minutes later, Will and I were put in the cages with the rest of the crew.

"Charming bunch, aren't they?", I asked sarcastically, referring to the inhabitants of the island. Gibbs and Marty just shrugged with a small nod as a reaction to my last comment.

"Why would Jack do this to us?", Will asked with genuine curiosity.

"The lad has a point. Isn't he the chief?", I asked Gibbs, looking for an answer.

"Aye, Jack is the chief curtousy of the Pelegostos but he only remains chief as long as he acts like one.", Gibbs explained. I nodded slowly, taking in this information.

"So my brother is just as much of a prisoner as we are.", I said in a soft tone with a slight sigh. Gibbs then spoke up once again.

"Worse, as it turns out.", Gibbs said, facing me so we're both seeing eye to eye. "The Pelegostos believe Jack is a god in human form and they intend doin' the honor of releasing him from his fleshy prison.", Gibbs explained, my eyes widening slightly in both concern and shock. Will on the other hand just seemed slightly terrified but he kept a calm composure.

"So, they're just gonna roast him and eat him?", I asked in slight horror with genuine concern for my brother. Gibbs just nodded and that's when I started to form an escape plan.

"Where's the rest of the crew?", Will spoke up with curiosity. Gibbs sighed "These cages that we're in... weren't built till after we got here.", Gibbs explained with a tinge of sadness in his tone. Will and I flinched slightly, taking another look at the cage and what it was made out of.

"The feast will begin and Jack's life will end... when the drums stop.", Gibbs said with slight remorse and a sigh.

"Well, we can't just sit and wait for God to give us a helpin' hand now, can we?", I said with a small smirk. Gibbs looked at me with a confused but slightly hopeful look and Will nodded in agreement.

"She's right. We need to get out of these cages and we need to do it now if we wanna save Jack along with ourselves.", Will said with an agreeing nod.

"How do you guys suppose we get out of these damned cages?", Gibbs asked curiously. I then turned to him and grinned.

"Gentlemen, I have a plan.", I said with confidence, causing the crew to look at me with a mixture of confused and hopeful expressions.