Chapter 11

The door shut, leaving me trapped inside the closet with my childhood crush. I forced myself to stay calm, but then, Daniel brushed against me. My heart thrummed inside of my chest, warning me of an impending implosion.

"What now?" I asked, hoping that Tyler wouldn't be able to hear me over the blaring music.

"How good are you at moaning?"

I blinked in surprise, not that he could see me."What?"

Daniel chuckled, "They can't think we're just standing in here."

"Why not?"

"Do you want the headline to say: Romance Author Gives Zero Stars to Prodigy Heaven?"

I narrowed my eyes, "That's clever, did you just come up with that?"

"Yes, actually."

I groaned, making sure he heard my displeasure.

"That's the best you got?

Heat rose to my cheeks, "Are you insane?"

He sighed before taking his fist and rhythmically knocking on the door.

He's insane.

"They're going to think-"

"That's the idea, pumpkin."

"Oh my god."

"Mind saying that a bit louder?"

"Yes."

"That too."

I fought the urge to scream, knowing he'd use it to his advantage. Instead, I sucked in a breath and grabbed his hand, stopping the incessant knocking.

Daniel laughed, his smile partially visible from a sliver of light peeking through the door. "Yes, dear?"

"I can't just moan on command."

"Your ex-boyfriend never let you down in bed then?"

I stammered something unintelligible, allowing Daniel to lean in and say, "Just pretend you're alone."

Did he just-

I opened my mouth to yell at him but shut it. After getting out of the closet, I knew I'd throw something at him. A chair.

Myself.

But the more I stood there, in the dark, the more I remembered my last few months with Jay. All the fighting. The half-assed dates. The subpar almost-sex.

I did know how to fake moan.

And before I could stop myself, I leaned on the door, hit my forearm against it, and put on the best show of my life.

Daniel stood behind me for a moment, in shock, before joining in.

His dirty, playful additions to the act sent my mind reeling. Our moans, and thumping, would be first-page news.

Everyone would see it.

Tessa.

Mia.

Jay.

And for some reason, that made me moan louder.

"Yes!"

"Harder."

"Don't stop, baby."

Daniel pressed against me, busy matching my moans and taking over the fake thrusts. Soon, we moved together, pushing our combined weight against the door.