Chapter 15

Maybe I was crazy.

It was unlike me to make a move, any move on a man, but there I was laying in front of Daniel, inviting his touch. With Jay, well, I never got very far. Our steamiest moments ended with his promise of 'soon' until we broke up and soon became never.

Before I could continue, Daniel placed his hand over mine, stopping me. "Is this for real?"

As in, am I just messing around or really, truly inviting him in between my legs?

It was an excellent question.

"I just need help figuring out a few details for the book," I said, knowing damn well it was more than that. He didn't seem to buy it so I cleared my throat and summoned the courage to continue, "But I want this, with you."

The corners of his lips turned, "Are you sure?"

"Are you not?" I asked, staring up at him, feeling him harden, wondering if he could actually be that big.

He tilted his head back as if he had to mull it over before moving my hand up and down the bulge, letting me jack him off through his jeans.

My heart beat in my throat, begging me to give in to the awful, filthy ideas pouring into my mind without a filter. Daniel watched me, desire clouding his expression, rocking into my grip.

"Fuck," he groaned, his cheeks rosy as if he was embarrassed by the way his body betrayed him, "How long is the teasing supposed to last again?"

"An undisclosed amount of time," I smirked, already tugging down his zipper. "But don't worry, I'm not totally cruel."

"Not totally, huh?" his shallow breaths filled the room, sparking a need for more.

More than a touch.

More than an example.

I throbbed at the thought. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to get too involved or let him fuck me until I was drooling, but I couldn't pretend that I didn't want that, that I didn't want him.

Mia lost her virginity in a car. I could do a lot worse than my musical prodigy professor slash fake boyfriend.

Rationalizing the decision to screw him would be the death of me, but I didn't care. At least then, I would have something to write about.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I lifted his shirt, savoring the moment.

Holy fuck, he has abs.

Who has abs like that anymore?

Suddenly, I felt subconscious and wondered if I should have gone with Tessa to that pilates studio she was always inviting me to after all.

You'll regret it, she said.

And I did.

He looked like he was carved out of stone.

Where does he find the time to work out?

Before or after grading papers?

Would it be weird if I lick the line leading to his-

Daniel cleared his throat, "Um, you're getting a phone call."

"It can wait," I said, already choking on his cock in my head.

"It's from your baby." Daniel stood up, shattering my fantasy in one fell swoop. All of a sudden, I was just an idiot hanging idly off the end of the bed. He handed me my phone which was in fact receiving a call from "Baby", even though I didn't have one.

My eyes widened. Oh god no.

It must have fallen out of my pocket during Daniel's alligator roll.

I took my phone and silenced the call before sitting up. "I know this looks bad but it's just my ex."

My stupid, selfish ex-boyfriend that ruined what would have been the fulfillment of my teenage wet dreams. I didn't want to meet him for lunch and pretend everything was fine.

Especially not after our fight at his housewarming party.

I didn't want to talk, because there was nothing left to say. But that was hard to explain to Daniel in a few minutes.

He stared at me, his lips pressed into a straight line, his eyes staring into mine accusingly. "Your ex is still baby in your phone?"

"I forgot to change it."

I hadn't forgotten. I refused to change or get rid of anything after our dramatic, soul-crushing split. After a while, I made peace with the past and the remnants of my love for Jay.

But now, I was kicking myself for it.

"Shouldn't you answer it?" Daniel asked, gesturing to my phone where it laid on the bed. I wanted nothing more than to just forget about it.

I shook my head, "No. We aren't on good terms."

"Is that why he's blowing up your phone?"

I frowned.

How is one call blowing up my-

I glanced down, seeing that the call had ended and twelve texts from Jay littered the home screen.

Did Daniel see the texts coming in while I was-

"I don't know," I said with as much sincerity as I could muster. I didn't know why Jay was calling me and at that moment, I didn't care.

I cared more about the way Daniel was staring at me like I was a ticking time bomb and he had to clip the right cord to save us both from destruction. I just couldn't understand why he was acting so... so... like a jealous boyfriend.

Finally, he shrugged. "Weird."

Weird?

What type of passive response was that?

I hoped we could put the whole ordeal behind us but Daniel had moved on and fixed his shirt back in place.

Dammit.

I was bold, but not bold enough to try to suck a man's dick after he saw my ex calling me. I made a mental note to silence my phone every time I was in Daniel's general vicinity.

Just as I was about to excuse myself, run downstairs to grab my bag and speed home, Daniel cleared his throat, "Want to watch a movie?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Which movie?"

"I'll let you choose," Daniel smiled, putting my anxiety to rest, "after we get some snacks."

I nodded, eager to salvage the night. "Deal."