||45||

"Xiao?!" You spoke

"Xiao?!" You spoke.

"You're talking to him?" Xiao asked you as soon as he saw Albedo with you. 

Xiao began walking towards the two of you. You started to stand from your seat and Albedo followed.

"Of course I am. He's my best friend!" You defended.

Xiao responded with silence and Albedo kept looking at you, and back at Xiao.

"You're dating him aren't you..?" Albedo slowly asked.

You quickly shot your eyes back at him.

"What-? We're not act-" You started.

Xiao stood there confused. The thick tension surrounding the 3 of you began to give him uncomfortable chills.

"This..." Albedo started speaking.

He started gathering all his things into a bag. He took off the glasses he was wearing and ran his fingers through his hair. He looked so stressed, now that you look at him you can clearly see his eye bags and how messy his hair actually is.

"This really isn't good for my heart." He admitted.

"W-What isn't..?" You asked him. 

You felt yourself starting to shake. You began to reach your hand out to his.

"You, Y/n." He moved his hand away from yours. 

He avoided eye contact and just stared at the checkered floor of the cafe. He started walking towards the door but you rushed to him and grabbed his hand.

"Albedo! What do you mean?!" You also started to slightly tear up.

"This unrequited love! I've been here with you practically this whole time and he walks in and suddenly you two are dating! Do you know how much you've unintentionally been hurting my heart? I've loved you for SO LONG. It's just so...tiring. Please Y/n, just give me a break, my heart just can't do this anymore..." He ranted. He fought his tears back, shook your hand off his and turned to leave. He wiped his tears and walked out the door, leaving you standing there.

"T-This is...M-My fault?" You stuttered.

You stood there.

Frozen.

Xiao walked around you and in front of you. He hesitantly hugged you. He stood there really stiff and he awkwardly patted your shoulder and looked down at the ground. You could tell he wasn't that good at comforting people.

"Sorry...That was my fault...Wasn't it." He weakly spoke.

You couldn't speak a word. You wanted to comfort him, and tell him that it wasn't him, and that it was your fault and that you were playing with his feelings, but no words came out. You felt like something in you died. You just lost your best friend who's been with you forever, and you didn't even try to save the friendship.