Prologue

It had been two years since Skadi Lothbrok joined the Avengers, and it had definitely changed her life. For better or worse, Skadi wasn't sure.

When in New York, they were able to successfully put a stop to Loki before he got too out of hand, which came to a surprise to everyone.

Skadi was the only one who was able to figure out why it all happened, and she was grateful that Thor seemed to understand.

The Avengers were still weary of the God of Mischief, but they began to slowly trust him. Instead of going back to Asgard for his punishment, Loki was given freedom and he decided to stay with Skadi.

Because she was part of the team, it was better for her to live in the compound than in Norway, even though she wasn't overly fond of the idea. So, her and Loki share a level in their own area of the compound, which they preferred.

The next year, another problem arose for the Avengers. HYDRA was somehow back, and had been planning an attack on Washington.

Skadi in that moment wanted nothing more than to go back into hiding, because the last thing she wanted was for her to be captured again and used as their little weapon.

When everything went down hill, the Viking went into hiding alongside Steve, Natasha and another man named Sam.

What Skadi wasn't expecting, was to come face to face with The Winter Soldier. The woman knew who he really was. In the forties, Skadi became friends with two men named Steve Rogers and James Barnes. She met them in the Army, the three quickly becoming very close friends.

So when Skadi saw him after so many years, she was in complete shock. Somehow though, he seemed to remember her. But not in the way she would've liked.

Back when Bucky fell from the train, Skadi went out to look for him and ended up getting captured by HYDRA. They knew exactly who she was, and they used that to their advantage.

She became a killing machine, who later trained Bucky to become just as dangerous and as lethal as her.

After Bucky saved Steve from drowning, Skadi stopped him before he could leave. She gave the man her number for him to call, to which he just nodded and walked away. The woman didn't really expect him to call her, but a few months later she got a call from an unknown number and she knew who it was.

Bucky would contact Skadi at least six to seven times a month, either after he's had a nightmare or when he's remembered something. But never once did he ever tell her where he was, which she respected.

Skadi did tell Steve that she was in contact with him, and that he didn't want to be found until he was ready. It did take a lot to convince Steve not to go looking for his best friend, but he soon understood and decided to wait.

Since then, everything has been quiet, and the Avengers have been able to rest. But they all knew that it wouldn't last long, and they would make sure that they were ready for the next problem to show itself.