9. when the past comes knocking

Oscar 'Spooky' Diaz

Gabrielle has been on my mind a lot lately. She makes me feel different. I cannot describe exactly what she makes me feel except comfort. I feel comfortable being Oscar around her. I found that I can talk to her about anything without fear of judgment.

She doesn't judge me for being in a gang. She doesn't judge me for my past. She doesn't judge me for the things I still do. She understands me. She hears and sees me.

Everyone else sees Spooky, the leader of the Santos. No-one ever sees Oscar. No-one ever tries to. But she did. She has and that fucks me up about her.

"Ooh, you cooked. What we eatin'?", speaking of the she devil.

I turned wiping my hands on a tablecloth to face her. She happily skipped over to where I stood dressed in one of my t-shirts with a pair of my basketball shorts. Her curly hair bounced with every little skip she made while childishly grinning. She looks beautiful honestly.

"We aren't eating an-"

"I will cut your tongue if you finish that lie", she sneered while smiling still.

"Estás loca, Reille", I muttered eyeing her. (You're crazy, Reille.)

"Al menos tú, Bookie", she absentmindedly retorted. (At least you know, Bookie (boo•key).)

I raised an eyebrow at her in question. "Bookie?", I muttered.

"It's better than 'Spooky'. How'd you get that name anyway?", she said.

Flashbacks of the day Spooky was born flitted through my mind. I shook my head ridding my mind of those thoughts.

"I've had the name since I was young", I muttered.

"Heard you, bruh. So when you bouncing up out my crib? I have some business to take care of today", she said after a brief silence.

I tsked. She would kick me out after I cook for her and she steals my clothes.

"You're really about to treat me like a ho?", I asked.

"Whaaat? Pssh, I would never, but your two-dollar ass can't stay here. You can swing by later if you want, but I won't be back until around 6-ish", she retorted innocently.

"Sure", was my bland reply.

She let out a chuckle before promptly taking a seat on the counter with the assistance of a small step she kept in the kitchen. 'Short ass', I thought redirecting my attention to the eggs I was cooking on low heat.

"I changed my mind. I'm coming over to yours after i'm done", she announced reaching across the stove to steal a piece of bacon.

I popped her hand making her pout like a child as she recoiled her hand. "Wait for the eggs", I ordered.

"That was raggedy. I should beat your big ass", she hissed.

I rolled my eyes. "You better pipe down, Rielle before I toss your little ass", I warned for the first and only time.