Part 6 - Wondering

~ Author's Note ~

I'm sick today so I'm staying home from church and writing.

OH.

My. GOODNESS.

I'm so happy about the Elche game! ANsU aNd FerRaN sCOrEd!!! I think both of them really needed good goals like that, after some of the crap both of them have dealt with.

Plus congrats Lewy, he did his magic as he always does.

ᵂᵒʷ, ʰᵒʷ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒ ᵗʰᵃᵗ?

Francesca's POV

𝐈 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧 something a little nicer for the Christmas party. I hope it's not too fancy, though. I'm not sure how this is going to be. I figure, though, none of the guys will mind if I wear something a little nicer.

 I figure, though, none of the guys will mind if I wear something a little nicer

I decide to, again, keep my hair down. Finally, I head out of the house, to Pedri's house, at 4:15 P.M. on the dot.

I walk up to his big, nice house, and ring the doorbell. I listen as it rings through the house. I wait a few seconds, before I finally hear footsteps, and the door opens. Pedri is standing there, wearing an untucked light blue button-down with the sleeves rolled up, a red tie, and brown pants. And he looks really good, despite his messed up hair and the white stained apron he's wearing over his outfit.

Okay, he looks sexy; I'm just gonna say it.

"Oh, yeah, hey, Francesca, come on in!" he smiles, holding the door open for me. I step in, looking around. "I'm so glad you can make it," he comments, shutting the door behind me.

"Yeah, I'm glad I could make it, too, Pedri. Thanks so much. Uh... is anyone else here yet?"

"Oh yeah, of course. Gavi, Ansu, Ferran, Ronald, Busi, Eric, Alejandro, Arnau, Inaki, and Frenkie are already here, sitting in the living room. I think only Jordi, Angel, and Sergi, besides everyone else already here, are going to be able to make it. Of course guys from Barca Atletic were welcome to come. Some of the guys brought their girlfriends too. You know, some other guys have other plans, or want to get home, and what not. So yeah, they're all in the living room. It's just down that hall there. It's on the left, but you'll find it before you even get there- the big group of them are being pretty loud."

I smile and nod, asking, "So you're stuck in the kitchen, preparing food for everybody?"

"Well, yeah," he shrugs with an exhausted nod. "It takes a lot of energy for a guy who sucks at cooking to prepare food for, what, fifteen people? No, even more, with Sira, Abigail, and Mikky. So eighteen. It'd be nice to have everybody here, but I'm honestly not sure if I'd be able to make food for any more people."

I nod again, thinking a few seconds, before asking, "Want some help, then?"

"Oh, no, Francesca! I didn't mean it like that. You should just be getting on to the living room. All the guys are really excited for you to be here. Especially, ah... maybe Ansu, or Alejandro..."

I raise an eyebrows in confusion. "Huh?" I ask, in, likely, a very dumb way.

He laughs a bit, shaking his head, and turns to go to the kitchen, calling behind him, "Just get to the living room and relax, Francesca!"

As I walk to the living room, I ponder what Pedri was trying to hint to me about. What, do Ansu and Blade fancy me or something...? I guess they're both around my age...

I walk into the room, and there is a empty cushion on the edge of one of the couches, looking as though it's waiting just for me. So I sit down there, next to Arnau, and smile to him with an awkward nod of greeting, considering I don't know him very well at all. But, though, before I can do anything else, Inaki says with a smile, "Hey, Francesca, it's great to see you here."

"Francesca!" Gavi grins when he sees me. "You're here!" Then he turns to Arnau Tenas, saying, "Hey, dude, can we switch spots so I can sit next to Fran?" The fact that he calls me Fran so naturally honestly does surprise me, because that's only a nickname that those that are really close to me call me.

It makes me smile, because, now that I consider it, maybe me and Gavi are really close. Friends, that is.

Never more than friends with Gavi.

Arnau agrees to switch places, and I naturally join the conversation of the guys. Ansu is sitting on the other side of Gavi, so I suddenly stand up with a grin, and plop down on both their laps.

"Augh!" Ansu says in surprise. "What the heck are you doing?"

"Move over, guys, and make a place for me between you two!" I demand. "I mean, unless you just want me to sit on one of you, but I have a feeling you don't."

Ansu shifts away quietly, seeming embarrassed, and refuses to meet either of our eyes, but Gavi doesn't even seem to notice this, because he just laughs, moving over a bit, too, saying, "I guess if you really wanted to sit on my lap you could, but I think you also probably don't want that."

"That may be so," Ferran suddenly cuts in, who is sitting in a love seat with Sira, "but I have this strange feeling that Ansu wouldn't mind that at all..." He trails off with a knowing, cheeky look on his face.

I feel my face get warm in confusion. A conversation must have gone on between the guys... One that led at least Pedri and Ferran to think that Ansu likes me, and Pedri also thinking Balde likes me, too.

"Aw, Ferran, give the poor guy a break and shut up, huh, will you?" Araujo says, nudging his teammate.

I sit in confusion, and am about to try to form another question, before suddenly Sergi Roberto and Jordi Alba walk in with loud greetings and happy laughter that takes everyone's minds away from that.

Except for mine.