Part 8 - Oh My God

ᶜᵃⁿ ᴵ ᵃˢᵏ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃ ʳᵃⁿᵈᵒᵐ qᵘᵉˢᵗⁱᵒⁿ?

Francesca's Perspective

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐏𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐢 is off in the kitchen doing something, and I blink, asking, "What is he doing...?"

"Nothing, really. He said he'll be right back or something. Think he said he's going to clean just a few dishes," Ferran responds.

Sira is standing next to Ferran, and they're casually leaning against the wall. Ferran has his hand over her shoulders, but he always seems to have his hands on her in some way or another. "C'mere, Francesca," Sira motions.

I look at her confused and walk over. "What is it...?"

"I have some funny pictures of Ferran and the boys in training I want to show you."

I smile, shaking my head. "No, it's fine. Trust me. I see your boyfriend being a fool every single day in training."

"Hey, no you don't. I'm not a fool in training," Ferran claims.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just teasing."

"No, no, but these are good pictures," Sira says simply. "Just take a moment to look at them." She fiddles with her phone, muttering how the stupid thing isn't loading, and how Pedri's WiFi connection but be awful or something. I shift, wishing she would hurry up, especially since I don't think I'm going to really care about this...

Pedri's Perspective

Mikky, Frenkie's girlfriend, peeks her head in the kitchen. I meet her eyes, smiling. "Hey, Mikky. Is everything going well in there?"

"Oh, yeah, totally, Pedri. It's great. You know, you should quit that dish-washing now."

I chuckle, looking back down at the dish I'm washing. "You know it was your man who suggested I do some dishes."

"Yeah, well, Frenkie is stupid sometimes," she grins, but she obviously really likes the guy. "He's very practical minded, you know. You should quit it now and spend time with the group. You can worry about all this stuff later, right?"

I shrug. "I suppose you're right. Why, is everyone just missing me that desperately?" I snort, putting a dish in the dishwasher.

"Basically," she laughs, teasing, "Yeah, Gavi is on his knees begging for his love to come back."

I crinkle up my nose as I laugh it this. "Right. I guess I better get in there to make sure Gavi is okay, eh?"

She giggles a bit and nods, and I follow her back to the living room.

When I enter the room, Ferran says immediately, "Eh, Pedri, you're back!" He has a big grin on his face, which can never be good. He's standing by Sira, and Francesca is standing by Sira. "Come over here, man."

"Why?" I ask, raising my eyebrows in suspicion.

"Sira has some pictures she's tryna pull up. But I've got one here. It's a picture of Frenkie and Antoine Griezmann from years ago looking like completely idiots."

"Uh...?" I ask, and I guess I'm kind of curious. Not that I haven't seen Grizou being a complete freak before, but I've never seen Frenkie, so I'm kind of interested, I guess.

I walk over to Ferran, about to lean to see his phone screen to see the photo, but then suddenly, Ferran lets out an evil laugh, and pushes my chest forward. I stumble back in surprise, bumping right into Francesca. I swivel around, apologizing to her, but by now, nearly everyone in the room, who I just now realise have been way too silent, are all laughing their heads off. Sira and Ferran are laughing the loudest and the most.

And it soon becomes quite clear to me that it's me they're laughing at. And... And Francesca, I think, too...?

"Why are you laughing?" I snap in confusion, not getting it. Francesca also looks extremely confused.

"Because-" Ferran wheezes, pointing right above my head. "It was so easy to set you to up! A stupid picture of Frenkie and Griezmann, Pedri? I mean, come on, now! Why would I have that picture?! I never even played with Griezmann, for God's sake. How did you fall for that?!"

Without even looking up above my head, I already now, and a jolt goes through my body.

I look up to see mistletoe hanging right above the heads of me and Francesca. I roll my eyes, saying quickly, "Ferran, this is stupid. You know I could just step aside and leave it. This is just some stupid really old tradition..." I glance at the plant above us again, and then suddenly snap, "Okay, who hung up mistletoe in the first place, because I sure did not."

All fingers point to Mikky, except Frenkie's finger and Mikky's finger.

"Hey!" she says, her hands going to her chest in surprise. "Rude, much?!"

Frenkie just smirks, obviously holding back laughter.

I turn back to Ferran. "Listen, Ferran, too, I didn't know! Frenkie could've sent you a stupid picture of him and Grizou, or anyone else who has been here longer! How was I supposed to know?" 

I'm about to step away from the mistletoe, and away from the for some reason completely silent and frozen Francesca Perez, but Ferran puts his hand on my back, gently shoving me back under it, saying, "Oh, no, not so fast, buddy. You've got to kiss her, and you know that."

"Francesca, why don't you just step aside, then?" I mutter to her in nothing but annoyance at Ferran and Sira and the others' stupid plan.

Why me, out of everyone?

What about Ansu or Alejandro? They're into her too, and everyone knows they're into her. I didn't think anyone knew I sometimes steal and extra glance at her here or there...

"Because, I won't let her," Sira giggles, putting an around Francesca's shoulders for a moment.

Francesca looks up at me, her eyes meeting mine. And I feel so awkward. Honestly, I want to kiss her, but I know this is the worst place and time to do it. I have to seem smooth and not like a coward, too, though, so how do I play this out correctly?

Because I have looked at her lips times before and thought about kissing them. But never here. Never in front of everyone.

Never like this.

Francesca's Perspective

Oh my God, he's leaning in closer to me.