Part 9 - Kiss

ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ʷᵒʳᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ʷʰᵒˡᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ.

Francesca's Perspective

𝐏𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐢'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧, and I feel myself become disappointed when he just gives me a very simple peck on the cheek. And then I internally scold myself for feeling disappointment about that.

But then Ferran says, "Oh, nah, man, that's not how this works," as Pedri tries to step away. Of course, stupid Ferran stops him.

"That's not how what works?!" Pedri asks, exasperated.

Ferran points to his own lips, saying, "It has got to be on the lips."

"Who ever said that?"

"Everyone knows that. In movies, you never see the dude kiss the girl's cheek, do you?"

"That's just because it's a dramatic movie! I'm sorry to break it to you, Ferran, but no matter how much you would like it to be, life isn't a Hallmark Christmas movie!"

Ferran ignores Pedri's smart comments, before saying, "Come on, now, kiss her."

"Why are you so obsessed with this, in the first place?"

"Because it is obvious you both love each other, so you should just quit being stupid and tell her, Pedri!" Ferran snaps.

"Never once have I ever told anyone that I loved her. Why on earth would you think that?"

"It's just obvious, the way you look at each other and tease each other. Actually, no, it's not teasing anymore- it has totally graduated to flirting. You guys should just date."

"Ferran," I sigh, shaking my head. "Why don't you tell us how you and Sira got together?"

He shrugs in confusion. "I don't know. We went on a few dates and... I fell in love with her and told her so. That's what Pedri needs to do. Tell you so."

I furrow my eyebrows at him. "Ferran, you're very dull."

"Ask Sira, and she would say I'm very sharp," Ferran grins stupidly. 

I roll my eyes at this comment as Sira says, "Actually, very true," with a laugh.

Finally Pedri says, "Well, if there is no other way of getting out of this, I guess I'm just going to have to do it. Sorry, Francesca."

"Uh-!" I say, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

Pedri shrugs, shaking his head, and suddenly leans in and gives me the tiniest, smallest peck on the lips. For just less than a second, I feel his warm, soft lips and breath on my lips, before he leans away. I'm sure I'm just as pink as he is as nearly everyone cheers, and he mutters, "I'm going to get back to those dishes." He is obviously very embarrassed now that he has done it, so he gets out of there.

"Now you guys have to kiss under the freaking stupid mistletoe!" I snap, looking to Ferran and Sira, and then Frenkie and Mikky.

"Sure, any day," Ferran grins obnoxiously at me and pulls Sira to him, kissing her.

"That isn't fair," I mutter, slumping on the couch next to Ansu and Alejandro. "They want to kiss each other."

"Obviously," Ansu says. "They are dating. But you didn't want to kiss Pedri?"

I feel my stomach seem to lurch in a weird way at this question, because I'm honestly not exactly sure... So I just say, for the sake of the situation, "No, not really."

"Oh," is all he says as Mikky tugs poor Frenkie under the mistletoe, who is much less excited to kiss his girlfriend in front of everyone than Ferran was.

As the night goes on, more and more people get drunk, and Pedri never comes back. I can't imagine dishes could possibly take that long, so I, who am one of the few who hasn't consumed any alcohol yet, quietly slip out of the room, so no one even notices, and head to the kitchen.

I slip in, but it is clear that Pedri doesn't even hear me or realise I have entered the room. He is leaning his elbows on the windowsill, looking outside, and seems to be deep in thought. I walk up behind him, and finally say, "Hey, Pedri, what's up?"

He flinches and swivels around, which makes me laugh. "Oh, gosh, Francesca, don't just do that. I practically jumped out of my skin just now."

"Yeah, I know," I giggle, "because I saw you."

He rolls his eyes, shaking his head with a little smile.

"So, why haven't you come back in the living room? How long were you just standing there looking out the window?"

He shrugs, glancing back behind him at the window, before looking back at me with those nice brown eyes. "Not very long. For a while, I was just sitting on the counter after I finished the dishes on my phone."

I nod. "Well, why haven't you come back in the living room?"

He shifts uncomfortably with a shrug. "I don't know. I didn't want it to be awkward, and obviously you're the only one who noticed my absence, anyway, so it was fine."

I nod once again at this. "Ferran and Sira kissed under the mistletoe. So did Mikky and Frenkie. Now everyone is getting drunk in there. I didn't want to get drunk, though."

It is his turn to nod now. "So you decided to look for me?"

"Yeah, pretty much," I smile. "Just wanted to make sure you're good, man."

"Never been better," he jokes. And it is a joke, because if it wasn't, it would be a lie, at least. "Sorry about that kiss thing. I know it was probably really awkward for you..."

"Oh," I say, without thinking. "Actually, I didn't mind it."

"You didn't...?"

"No, not really. You're a really handsome guy, and..." I stop myself.

"And what?" he asks, taking a curious step forward.

"I like you a lot," I say, without planning to elaborate what kind of 'like' I mean by that.

"I like you, too, Francesca," he responds, so it becomes clear to me he must be assuming I meant friend like.

But then he gets yet even closer, and leans in, his hands resting gently on the dips between my neck and shoulders. His face gets closer, and my breath catches in my throat. His eyes are half-lidded, and I like the look in them. I look at his slightly messy brown hair that looks nearly black. His defined cheekbones, and his lips... His lips, coming closer to mine, so soft and tempting and-

"Hah!" Ferran suddenly says, throwing the kitchen door open. "I knew you guys were into each other!"