Chapter 6- The First Attempt

When Killua and Gon finally stepped into the mansion that night, it wasn't a warm welcome they received, but quite the opposite. They received a scolding for being out all day without telling anyone where they were.

"I'm sorry father." and "I'm sorry Mr. Zoldyck" were Killua and Gon's only responses.

"Go to Killu's room and don't come out for any reason until breakfast, or else there will be severe consequences." Silva said before watching the young teens scramble up the stairs to Killu's room, as though it were some kind of race, and honestly, it probably was, silva figured.

It was 10:43 pm when the pair looked at the clock, so they got ready and called it a night.

~~~~~~~~

It was now 3:01 am, and Gon had just woken up with a desperate need to use the restroom. He remembered the directions that Killua had given him two days before, so he quietly slipped out of Killu's room and started to make his way to the bathroom, forgetting about Silva's warning.

As Gon continued down the hall, Silva laughed to himself, expecting this to happen. When Gon entered the bathroom, Silva put his plan into motion.

Silva created a nen clone of Killua, and had it 'stand' next to the bathroom door. Next, he put an invisible bubble of nen around the front of the bathroom. After that he carefully made a thin but deadly layer of gunpowder on the floor in front of the door. Finally, he made a trail of gasoline that was connected to the gunpowder.

Gon finally came out of the bathroom and saw 'Killua'. Silva smirked and pulled out a lighter. Quietly, Silva lit the end of the trail of gasoline, and watched as the flames traveled quickly down the trail, and into the bubble that ensured his house wouldn't be destroyed.

Gon was still engaged in a conversation with the nen Killua when he finally noticed the trail of flames headed for him. He jumped out of the way just in time, taking 'Killua' with him.

Gon let go of 'Killua' instinctively, because of how squishy he was. Killua's words rang through his mind. 'My parents are trained assassins, and they're more than likely going to try and kill you, to test you, so I just want you to be ready.' and Gon realized what was happening, but it was too late, the gunpowder started to explode, bit by bit, right next to Gon.

"Ow!" Gon exclaimed, pain shooting through his left leg.

Gon looked around, and spotted Silva.

"I can't believe it." Gon said; "I thought I was welcome."

"Well if you survive maybe you are." Silva replied darkly.

Gon closed his eyes. 'My life is in danger.' he thought. 'And I have to dodge the explosions on my own.' Then it came to him. His first fight on the 200th floor at heaven's arena. He had dodged the flying tops; he was sure he could do the same for explosions.

Gon tried to get as far out of the way as possible, but found an invisible barrier preventing him from going too far.

"Come here." Said the nen Killua, grabbing Gon's arm and dragging him over to the explosion. Gon started violently attacking the 'Killua' until it released him.

Closing his eyes again, Gon cleared his mind and did nothing but listen to the explosions, and predict where they were next going to go off. This continued for around 30 minutes before the explosions finally stopped.

Gon looked around, there was smoke everywhere, making it difficult to breath in the 'bubble'. He looked down at himself. He was bruised and battered, but overall, unscathed. Gon took a deep, smoke-filled breath, and felt himself getting dizzy; next thing he knew, the world went black.

~~~~~~~

Killua woke up sweating. He had been having a vivid flashback of his training with electricity. He looked around for the peacefully sleeping body of Gon, but didn't find it. He started to panic, because he remembered his father's warning, and knew that Gon probably didn't.

Running up the stairs, Killua sniffed the air. Sure enough, he was met with a stench of smoke and burnt clothing. Killua sprinted up the stairs, fearing the worst.

Upon getting upstairs, Killua looked around and saw a small heap of Gon's clothing. He took a step forward. No, it wasn't just Gon's clothing, it was Gon.

Killua hurried forward, but bounced against an invisible barrier. 'So dad set this up.' He thought angrily. Turning on his nen at full force, he easily walked through the barrier and picked up Gon, carrying him back to their room.

Once he was in his room, he leaned against a wall but slid down into a sitting position, laying Gon between his legs.

Killua lowered his head and planted a kiss on Gon's forehead. 'Adorable,' he thought, then he placed Gon back down and passed out himself, from the adrenaline rush. His last thought was 'At least my Gon's okay.'