Chapter 14- To Carry it Out

Killua felt tears gathering at the corners of his eyes. He wiped them away, mentally scolding himself.

'You can cry after you fix Gon.' He reprimanded himself. It only made him cry more. 'Damn it,' he thought, 'I'm getting so weak and sensitive,'

He quickly manipulated his hand, making his fingernails and tips extremely sharp. He took a shaky breath in and touched Gon with his index finger on his other hand. He felt Gon's forehead, searching for a slight bump that would signal a needle was in Gon's head.

"Found it," Killu muttered quietly, smirking. He had outsmarted Illumi! He felt like dancing but knew that was an inappropriate reaction.

Killua sat there, taking deep breaths, "One," He whispered, gently placing his sharp nails against the bump in Gon's forehead. "Two," He braced himself and felt his heart speed up. "Three!" He whisper-yelled.

Killua plunged his nails into Gon's forehead and grabbed hold of the needle between his index and middle fingers. On his way to pull it out, he found he couldn't pull it out. Cautiously prodding around in Gon's skin, he found it lodged between the two hemispheres of Gon's brain.

"Bastard," He sighed, both angry and defeated. He pulled his nails back out and stuck a bandaid on the two snakebite-resembling dots of blood emerging from Gon's beautiful forehead. 

He quietly flopped down on his bed and thought.

'Gon has a fucking needle lodged in between the two hemispheres of his brain. It's too dangerous for me to pull it out of his brain myself, and doctors would be way to suspicious...' That's when it came to Killua. He leapt up and practically felt a light bulb appear above him. He whipped out his phone and dialed Leorio's number.

Of course, he needed a doctor who wouldn't question it. Leorio was perfect. He even came with the benefit of already being trusted.

"Hey this is Leorio! Unfortunately I'm busy right now, maybe with school or in the hospital, or maybe I'm sleeping. Anyway leave a message after the beep and I promise to try and contact you asap. If it's urgent, text me instead. Beeeeeeeeep.

"It's urgent, Gon's being controlled and to stop his control I need a doctor, please just come here, I'll explain later." He said before hanging up and spamming Leo. It was 2:32,  so Leo was probably sleeping, but that didn't matter. Killua didn't think he could take another day with 'boring Gon'.

After 150 or so of the short messages Killu was spamming Leorio with had send, Leorio finally replied.

Leorio: It's 2:30 in the morning what could you possibly need?

Killua: Gon has a mind controlling needle in his head, and I kind of need you to remove it, thanks.

Leorio: WHAT why didn't you START with that!?

Killua: Just get down here, I'll be waiting at Machi's Cafe for you, from there, we can go to my friends' house.

Leorio: Oh okay, on my way now.

~Time skip brought to you by Bungee gum: possesses the properties of both rubber and gum~

Leorio hurried into Machi's Cafe to find two disheveled boys, one with dark green hair, the other with Ivory.

Machi was chatting with the boys, explaining how screwed they would have been if not for Machi's 24-hour service.

"I'm here!" Leorio announced, placing a large hand on Killua's shoulder. "Let's go to your friend's house!"

Killua and Gon turned around and Gon immediately hugged Leorio. Killua, on the other hand, observed, Leo had on scrubs and was holding a large bag filled with medical equipment. Killua wondered if this was all necessary, or if Leo had overestimated it, and so by default, over packed.

"Yea, c'mon Gon, thanks again Machi." Killu shrugged, pushing his hands deep into his pockets.

Machi told them it was fine, and wished them safe travels. 

'Illu's gonna be so pissed when he finds out.' She thought.

Leorio glanced at Killua on their way out, and Killu could tell Leorio was wondering about the actual severity of Gon's injuries, if you could call them that,

"It's worse underneath." Killu muttered, promise in his tone.

Gon was a blank and inexpressive person the entire time, only ever smiling when he noticed the other two doing the same.

Killu led his friends to the rabbits' burrow, and slid down, immediately followed by Gon. After a slight hesitation, Leorio followed.

Gon started to pet the rabbits as Leo and Killu stood back, muttering under their breath to each other.

"Did you bring anesthesia, or at least something to numb the pain?" Killu asked.

Leo nods, "The only issue will be injecting it into him, which sounds terrible out loud."

"Hand me it, I can do it." Killua said, nonchalantly holding his hand out in front of Leorio. A couple of seconds later, Leorio places the syringe delicately in Killua's hand.

When Gon had his back turned, Killu used Godspeed and injected the anesthesia into Gon in a matter of milliseconds. A second later, Gon fell and Killu gingerly caught him.

Immediately, Leorio pulled out his tools, and got to work, deciding to enter through Gon's hairline, versus his forehead, as to make the scar less noticeable.  First he penetrated the skull with a small and mighty tool. He then pulled out a small, sharp pair of tweezers, and started to gently fish around for the needle. He eventually found it, and slowly started to extract the nen needle, taking great care not to be too rough or shake around.

15 anxious minutes later, Leorio got the needle completely out, and held it out to Killua, triumphant.

"Look! I got it out!" He announced.

"Congrats," Killua said, feeling as though a million pounds had been lifted off his shoulders.

"Well since it's now 3:15 and I have work tomorrow, good bye." Leorio deadpanned, suddenly very tired.

"Well okay, bye," Killua said, once he was sure Leo was out of earshot, he whispered "Old man." Then drifted asleep, cuddling Gon's sleeping figure softly, unsure of how much pain Gon's injury would pack, but soothed by Gon's steady breath.

In. . . and out. . .