Chapter 10- The Second Attempt 2/2

(A/N) This Chapter is very rushed and crappy, I'm really sorry. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to redo it though, but if you find any major errors, please tell me and I'll be happy to address them. :)

Gon chased Hisoka into the woods and past the edges of the woods where Gon had been. Gon felt nervous, chasing after Hisoka in unfamiliar territory.

Finally Gon grew tired of it. "Fine! Then I'm done chasing after you! I'll wait here for as long as it takes."

Hisoka just continued on, completely ignoring Gon.

Gon soon grew nervous of waiting in a new place for someone to fight, so he made himself useful. He decided to set up a trap for Hisoka when he came back around the mountain. Gon decided a spike trap might be most effective, plus it wouldn't be murder, because Hisoka would almost definitely survive.

Gon started by digging a deep hole in the soft earth; 'This dirt would make excellent fertilizer!' he thought happily to himself.

Next, he started breaking off long. thin branches from the trees around him, sharpening their tips with a pocket knife Ging had given Gon.

The final thing Gon did was cover the pit with leaves, and hid behind a particularly large birch, waiting.

Hisoka had been secretly watching from the treetops the whole time, for his own safety.

"Hmmm~" Hisoka moaned quietly.

Gon suddenly stopped what he was doing and focused on his surroundings. 'Yep,' he thought, 'Hisoka is definitely here.'

Hisoka noticed that Gon had started acting strange almost instantly, so he crouched down lower and the trees and watched to see Gon's next move.

Using the process of elimination, Gon slowly narrowed the tree Hisoka was in down to just three trees. 'Here goes nothing.' Gon thought exasperatedly. He charged at the middle tree, knife raised. He jumped into the leaves and found Hisoka was not in this tree, he was in the next one over.

"Janken rock!" Gon said, punching Hisoka with a deadly amount of aura.

Hisoka stumbled back, dazed.

"Well, seems like my fruit is ripe." Hisoka managed to groan out. "That hurt like hell, my Gon."

Gon ignored Hisoka and turned away. "That punch was suppposed to knock you out, but I failed."

"Don't say that, my precious fruit, there's always next time.~" Hisoka moaned before passing out right behind Gon.

Gon turned around and started jumping up and down. He had finally done it! He had knocked out Hisoka!

After celebrating for a couple minutes, Gon started to ponder whether or not he should drag Hisoka's limp body back to the mansion. He decided it wasn't worth it, and left Hisoka on the ground.

Once back in the mansion, Gon remembered his job: To save his one and only. Gon again started looking for a door to the basement when he suddenly had an excruciating pain stab through his back. After collapsing and screeching in pain, Gon reached his arm out to grab what had pierced him. It was a needle.

"What would you like your last words to be?" Illumi said graciously to Gon.

Gon thought about it until his brain hurt and he blew a fuse. "But what it I don't know what I want to say last because I don't plan on dying for the next couple of decades?"

Illumi stared at Gon with the most perplexed, disappointed, and annoyed face that he had ever given. "It isn't a choice."

"Well that's too bad, because I really think that we should make different terms, I don't like these ones." Gon said, disappointment thick in his tone.

"I think I'm just gonna fight back, Illumi, I'm really sorry," Gon said, bowing his head.

"I already told you that isn't how it works. Your next words will be your last, so please think carefully." Illumi said irritably. "This kid is so damn annoying.' He thought.

Gon smiled and looked at him, pretending to seal his lips with a lock and key. Gon stared off into space thinking for nearly an hour before he decided on what to say.

"I'm glad I met the people I met, and befriended the people I befriended." Gon said confidently.

"It's about time." Illumi muttered under his breath, before easily shooting 5 needles at Gon.

Gon leaped up and quickly and narrowly dodged three of Illumi's needles, one of them still grazed him, and the other one had stuck itself firmly into Gon's thigh.

"Ow!" Gon pouted. "That hurt, you meanie! Now I'm gonna try too!"

Gon was mostly blinded by a rage he could no longer suppress. It was his rage from hearing Killua's desperate cries, and from Gon's cold side that was usually warmed by KIllu's presence.

Illumi and Gon fought for hours on end, using all sorts of attacks until finally Illumi said. "It's not worth it anymore. I was never even getting paid for this in the first place. I'll call off Milluki, but you'll need to convince him to stop attacking Killu, he's got some real problems."

Gon walked down the stairs and gasped. "You monster." He cried under his breath. Milluka held an electrnic shocker, and killu was chained against the wall, gasping for breath, When Killu saw Gon, his eyes went wide and he motioned for Gon to get away. Gon ignored Killua.

Gon grabbed Milluki's arm and sent more nen through it than he had ever done before, effectively knocking him out, and then proceeded to unchain Killua, tears in his eyes.

The only thing Killua did once freed was jump up and hug Gon tightly, with more passion than ever before, before passing out from the pain.