chapter 8: Semi finals 2

While in school, contestants had to go to the podium and speak about their performance one by one.
It was Byungjae's turn.

"Well this song, actually since I always blame myself about everything so this song is also about blaming myself. How it's my fault"

Haon felt a bit sad for him. After being with him for some time, he knew how the other person was. BJ had a negative personality who always liked to be pessimist about things and if something went wrong blame himself. Although being with Haon now helped him a lot. It healed BJ a lot but still it wasn't enough at least not for now and that's what saddened Haon. He wished he could be more of help. He wished BJ would stop being negative. Although BJ was happy when he was with Haon and those negative thoughts will stop but then again when Haon wasn't there all his negativity would come out. Haon was the positive thing in his life, His sunshine.

"And why do you blame urself" someone asked.

"Cause it's easier. It's easier to blame urself. You know when something goes wrong u need to put the blame on someone to feel relieved and blaming urself is the easiest way and so I do that"

This was the first time BJ showed his vulnerable side on national television, in front of others. Haon was shocked a bit. He knew BJ was negative but still this side and his way of speaking, he never expected this.

"Blaming himself cause it's easier" Haon thought.

"I'll protect him forever" A sudden thought suddenly crossed the little guy's mind.

____________

It was rehearsal time and they were gonna hear BJ's song for the first time.

Byungjae came on stage.

He has named his song 탓 which meant fault, clearly expressing what the song meant.

After BJ performed everyone was in shock. They felt the emotions BJ was trying to convey. This song was filled with emotions. Haon felt proud but a bit sad. Everyone praised BJ's performance.

___________________

It was semi finals and finally it was BJ turn to perform.

"So who do u think of ur biggest rival" MC Nuksal asked.

"Well when I came here since me and Yeonsoo both are from Kiff clan they began comparing us even my mother support Yeonsoo rather than me. She was asking me how is Yeonsoo" BJ pouted, to which everyone started laughing. Even Yeonsoo laughed. Only Haon thought that it was cute. "and then I competed against Yeonsoo and lost to him, so this time I want to win against him. That's my only goal. Also I'll go to finals with Haon."

"Cause I promised him"

"Alright let's start your performance then"

Byungjae got ready and DJ played his music. But, Suddenly everyone was shocked.

"Woah look at the screen" Everyone turned towards the screen. "It's just been 4 second and he hasn't even spoken a word and he already has like 100 words" someone spoke.

(Here's BJ performance if anyone wants it.)

BJ finally started his song calmly which only got intense as it went over. He even blamed himself for not taking care of his mom and blaming himself for not being a good son. Everyone felt his emotion and empathized with him. Even audience felt it. He got 400+ votes out of 500 before the score went hidden.

Today's performance of BJ felt the best one out of all. He finally showed his vulnerable side. His real original side, about himself and what he was and surprisingly it was so good. He made it look so beautiful yet painful at the same time cause emotions don't lie.