The part where Divinity enters - Krishna

This is a Mahabharata Fanfiction mostly based on facts we see in Star Mahabharat. The Mahabharat in its entirety holds a lot of facts and is a complicated and marvelous creation, but this is just a fanfiction. There are several facts which were not included/ not correct in Star Mahabharat but I am specifically basing my fanfiction on the serial with some changes. So there will be several anomalies. This story is just meant as an entertainment and there is no intention to hurt anyone's feelings, religious or otherwise. I have just borrowed the characters to weave a partly fictional storyline.

As always it may take some time to come up with the next chapter due to health reasons and work pressure. Kindly bear with me as I really intend to take this story to a conclusion.

Thank you all for the kind comments and I will always welcome comments and suggestions. I treasure each comment and it makes me that much eager to write again. You all are truly great readers and encouragers.

Thank you and regards. Take care everyone.

13. Krishna

"Can we go a little faster, Daruka? Can the steeds take it?"

Krishna had lost the count of the times he had used the words during the last prahar. And each time Daruka had replied with, "Of Course, My Lord," and he had further increased the speed of the chariot.

Krishna held his charioteer in great esteem and thought of him as a friend.  Daruka had navigated his chariot through wars and long, perilous journeys and yet again, he was giving his all to make sure that the Dwarakadhish could reach his friend. 

When the red flags of Hastinapur became visible, the day had already dawned and then some. Krishna realized that they had been travelling non-stop the entire night. He and his elder brother were not very far from Indraprasth when they had intercepted the messenger birds of Hastinapur. Mahamahim Bhisma had given the outlines of the situation at hand and requested for Krishna's presence; they had not lost any moment. Krishna had entreated his elder brother to go towards Indraprasth and Balaram had readily agreed, unable to deny his anuj almost anything.  To be more honest, his brother was looking forward to spending a few days with their little sister, Subhadra, though both lamented the reason for the visit.

As Krishna often elucidated, Fate changes each moment, and every change gives rise to a new future. Arjun's life-threatening injury had come  over them unexpectedly and had taken Krishna unawares. Even as he bid farewell to his brother and took the road leading to Hastinapur, Krishna had started reaching out to Parth subconsciously and what he had encountered was no less horrifying than his actual injury.

Between Arjun's physical wound and the mental distortion caused due to the wound, Krishna had found himself an archer, who was on the verge of giving up. Arjun's morphed psyche was potent enough to even affect Krishna's thoughts and influence his actions but he could quickly realize what was happening. The amount of suffering Arjun was being subjected to, was enough to drain the life of any ordinary human, but Arjun was far from ordinary. Not just from his divine birth, Arjun also had a treasure of absolute determination and there was not much that he was incapable of; be it gaining achievements or battling sufferings. 

Had it not been instrumental for the establishment of righteousness, Krishna would have simply blinked away the thorns that littered Arjun's path and awarded him with the smoothest sea to sail. But when had smooth sailing ever made for exceptional sailors? And Arjun was indeed exceptional; his prowess as a warrior aside, his values and virtues further advocated his being a near perfect human soul.  One who made mistakes, but never walked away from rectifying them. Arjun's virtues and his absolute faith in Krishna was what endeared him so enormously to the Lord. Though far from surprising, given their sojourns in previous births, Krishna had never thought that the friendship of a single mortal could ever mean so much to him.