Ch 2. Spew Lizard

"What took you so long?" Eli asks when I walk on, "I'm already tired of being stuck on a bus with a bunch of dudes," I answer him sweetly, covering for my ass. I throw my venue bag into the junk bunk and walk into the lounge throwing myself onto the couch with a sigh.

"How are you doing?" Eli asks another question after following me to the room. "Considering what?" I ask back before answering him.

"Considering," he pushes my legs away and sits down where they were. "That you are still going through a break up," it's been a month. I'm fine. It's over.

"I'm not still going through a break up, it's been a month." I should've kept the last part to myself. "You dated him for five years Lizzy. You went through that bullshit for years," fuck off fuck off fuck off. "Lizzy come on," fuck off. "He proposed to you. You said no, which by the way... fucking congratulations! On top of that, you got a new house and moved in and then immediately went on tour. I love you but there is no way you're okay right now."

"That break-up is the least of my worries these days."

...

I told the guys to bring me back a salad from wherever they're going for food, not wanting to go wander around with them. Or even leave the bus today.
CC walks in while I'm scrolling through Twitter, "wrong bus this time?" I mess with him, "this time's on purpose," he plops down next me and looks over at my phone before pulling it out of my hands. What the hell is he doing?

"Chill sweetie I'm following myself," and then he hands it back to me, "you have to follow me back now or I look like a loser," I smirk back at him. He leans to the side pulling his phone from his back pocket and unlocks it, "of course," he hands it over and I go through his apps following myself back.

"Why weren't you at anything we did before tour?" The dreaded question. "I got proposed to, then broken up with for saying no, after that I cried and moved into a new house," I explain it casually, hoping he'll take it just as casual.

"Damn chicka, you're forgiven for it taking so long to meet you," I laugh while he talks. "I heard some yelling from your green room last night and then an bothered Andy who stood outside of it for a good minute before deciding to walk away," he stood outside my door? That means he heard me throw a chair at the wall. He was bothered though? He seemed extremely content with his actions before.

"Just a small misunderstanding between us two, no big deal," I play it down, it's really no one else's business. "Didn't sound very small," he responds, it wasn't.

"What'd you hear?" He looks at me surprised I seem to be open to tell him. I'm just curious. "He called you a narcissistic bitch, some yelling in between that and then you called him a fucking mute," I have to stop yelling so loud. "Mhm sounds about right."

"Doesn't sound like two people who just met," because we didn't.

"It's complicated," he nods obviously lost. "What? You guys like ex's or something?" Or something. "We hated each other," I answer him simply.

"Hate sex is the best sex," is the first thing he says, I turn my head slightly laughing but my eyes filled with confusion. "I'm just saying," his hands go up in surrender.

The look on his face holds something different than a joke. I'm about to fuck everything up for this man just because he's nice to me.

"What about," I turn toward him to get closer, he watches me with a smile, "two people who just met last night," he doesn't answer, instead he pulls me on to his lap and I put my forehead to his. He moves his lips next to my ear, "I think we could prove it deserves the number one spot," that's what I wanted to hear. His breath on my neck sends shivers down my whole body.