𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸

dozens of minutes later, yeonjun made his appearance in the agency's premises, stepping inside with the easygoing gait of a man who doesn't give a shit about anything, his eyes covered by a pair of sunglasses.

he was no fashionista; on the contrary, if he pulled on a hoodie and a pair of jeans, then all the planets aligned for him. but how else could he hide that still alcohol-injected look? how else could he keep the light from hurting his sensitive temples if not with sunglasses?

approaching the reception desk, he saw yeosang there, who had taken his work seriously again and was caught up in a conversation with another guy yeonjun didn't recognize or care much for his presence.

"ah, you're here! earlier than i expected," yeosang commented, greeting him with the universal gesture of raising his glasses higher on his nose.

"you say? next time if you want me to be on time, wake me up. or have you already made a habit of leaving before me?" yeonjun replied in a neutral tone and finally took off his glasses, hooking them by the shirt collar under his coat.

the attention of a few people around had suddenly been drawn to yeonjun, including the one yeosang was conversing with.

the manager's eyes widened behind his glasses, and a thin layer of pinkish dust settled on his cheekbones. he blushed. he lowered his voice afterwards.

"ahem, i got a call earlier and i think-"

"ah, i see." a grin spread across yeonjun's lips. "you'll just ignore what i said. alright." and in the next moment, the brunet began to clap his hands loudly, turning his back to yeosang. "attention me, everyone! you, over there. stop typing."

now, more than five people in the building were eyes and ears on the eccentric writer, some of them jolting at the way he was clapping his hands.

"good! i wanted to let you all know that last night, my manager kang yeosang and i fu-"

but a soft palm covered his mouth shit right away and drew him away from the people's attention, far enough into a side corner where whatever they spoke would remain as far as possible between them.

"choi yeonjun, have you completely lost your mind? what do you think you're doing?! no, actually, what the hell do you want from me?" despair was written in print on the manager's precious face.

yeonjun smiled at him, instead, and brought his palm over his cheek in a warm caress, letting his fingers feel every inch of ruby skin from yeosang's pretty birthmark. "i wish i could have found you in bed next to me instead of a note on that damned kitchen table. why did you leave like that?"

yeosang averted his gaze. "you know very well why." and slowly pushed his wrist, freeing his face from his warm touch. though it seemed he didn't want to do that so badly. "we... we had a good time last night, but in the end, i'm still your manager. i work for you, yeonjun, can you understand that? there can't be anything more."

"can't or won't do more?" two fingers of yeonjun's hand turned his head, to restore eye contact. and when that happens, yeosang swallowed dryly.

"please... it's enough that we broke all the moral and ethical rules by sleeping... together." yeosang sighed. "staying overnight would only make it worse. for both of us."

but yeosang knew all too well that he wasn't ready to expose himself to a wide audience, to be the subject of more discussion than was speculated, and last but not least, he wasn't ready for a relationship.