**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Prologue˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

*POV: Third Person*

She felt the cold soil pull her deeper into it, her vision blocked by an endless white void. She felt so cold but the deeper those hands pulled her into the earth the water she felt, so this was death? What a pleasant feeling she thought. Then... She woke up.

Her eyes shot open and she took in a big gasp of air, she quickly looked around her, she had been lying on rocky dirt and her gaze drifted to the scenery in front of her a giant greyish blue ocean laid before her and in the distance she made out the silhouette of a figure. She got up and dusted herself off, bewildered by this fascinating yet eerie place she found herself in.

Once she got close enough to the stranger she saw he wore a brown robe with long sleeves kept together by a piece of rope tied around his waist, he also held in his left hand a stone plate and a quill in the other

Once she got close enough to the stranger she saw he wore a brown robe with long sleeves kept together by a piece of rope tied around his waist, he also held in his left hand a stone plate and a quill in the other. Suddenly he spoke up.

"Name?" His voice was monotone, he sounded so tired and fed up.

"What?" She asked, slightly taken aback from hearing her own voice.

"I said name." He repeated his questions, his gaze still focused on his stone tablet.

"Where am I?" She questioned looking around the strange and desolate place, a fog limiting her vision of what could be beyond this area.

"You're at the crossing, now name please."

"What's the crossing?"

He let out an irritated sigh and mumbled "Damn sprites and their questions."

"What's a sprite?" She tilted her head confused.

He grumbled something she couldn't make out, he then put away his tablet and quill, where they went she didn't know, instead he pulled out a wooden tablet and in the flattest voice began to read off of it.

"Congratulations, you are dead. You are currently at the crossing where your soul will be led across the ocean before you. Depending on your life you will end up at one of two places Helheim or Valhalla, there is a third option though for those whom are still not quite ready to die and still have business in the living world, you will be sent back as an unrested soul until you have dealt with said 'unfinished business'. Before you can make your crossing though one of our three RiverMen will ask you a short series of questions and build your profile to ensure you are in the right place. If you have any more questions please ask the RiverMan before you. Have a fun trip." As the RiverMan finished reading he glanced up to see the new spirit dozing off.

"Are you even paying attention?!" He snapped, quickly pulling her out of her daydreaming.

"Huh?! What? Uhhhh. Could you repeat all of that again?" She could barely make out two glowing pairs of light blue eyes staring at her with absolute rage.