**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Chapter 2˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to." –Jimi Hendrix

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

*POV: Third Person*

When she awoke she was still on the floor, the cabin was dark, the only light source was coming from the windows and from what she could see it was still snowing outside, a lot less but it still seemed to continuously yet gracefully fall from the sky. She sat up and looked around but saw no sign of the blonde who had knocked her out, how did he do it?

Her vision then fell to the circle that was formed around her, what was this stuff? A part of her told her to avoid it and yet the curious part of her felt a ferocious need to touch it, without realising it her hand was extended ready to touch the mysterious white substance. At the same time she heard footsteps approaching and then a shout.

"Don't touch that!" Startled, her hand moved further forward and although it didn't make contact with the white substance, as it moved past it it suddenly felt like her hand had been engulfed in flames, out of nowhere in glowing red a symbol appeared on the ground.

She quickly retracted her hand and pulled it close to her chest. When she looked down at her hand she noticed how it was charcoal black at the tips of her fingers and slowly faded to her pale grey blue skin tone.

"W–What was that? Why does my hand feel like it's on fire?!" She said through clenched teeth.

"That was the salt barrier surrounding you, to prevent you from escaping," He approached the circle and stuck his hand past it, she flinched waiting for him to scream as he felt the burning sensation but nothing came of it.

He retracted his hand to his side "Doesn't do anything to humans, very effective towards spirits though."

She was fascinated by this discovery and almost out of instinct she wanted to do it again as if to truly prove to herself that what he said was real. Her hand reached out to go past the salt barrier before she felt a tight grip on her wrist that pushed her hand back.

"What are you doing! This stuff hurts you idiot!" He shouted both irritated and confused by her actions.

She looked up at him, their gazes meeting "Don't you want me to get hurt? You did point a sword at me with the intention of killing me."

He let go of her wrist. "Yeah, I do want you to get hurt but for now I want to keep you here."

"Why?"

"Do you ever stop asking questions?"

"No, at least not until I get answers."

"Gods you're annoying." The blonde let out an exasperated sigh.

"If I'm so annoying you should release me and let me be on my merry way." She said with a smile.

"And let someone else kill you and take all the credit? Yeah no hard pass."

"Why don't you just kill me now?"

"Stop asking questions!"

"Fine if you won't tell me why you haven't killed me yet at least tell me why you can make contact with me. I thought people couldn't touch spirits or see them."

"Normal people can't, but I'm no ordinary person." He said with a proud smile.

"So you're... Magic?"

"I would reprimand you for saying something that sounds so stupid, if it weren't somewhat true. As I was once too an ordinary person–"

"No, really?" She stated sarcastically, which the blonde threw her a glare for.

"Very well then since you're so smart I don't need to explain to you why I am able to make contact with you." He crossed his arms and began to walk away.

She outreached her arms and waved them around "No, no! Wait, I'm sorry! I'll listen, I'll listen!" She reached out further and yelped when her hands began going past the barrier.

She heard footsteps coming back in her direction. The blond crouched down to her level "You really are stupid."

"Maybe, but if you tell me why you can touch me I'll be a bit less stupid?" She gave him a sheepish smile.

He rolled his eyes "I have runes tattooed on my back, one allows me to see spirits and the another to touch them."

Her mouth formed an 'O' shape "Can I see?" She asked innocently.

To this the blondes cheeks reddened "W–what?! No you can't see!" He pulled his shirt tighter around him.

"Why not?"

"Because that's improper!"

"Quit being such a prude."

"Quit being such a pervert!"

She rolled her eyes, the tension died down and once everything was calm again the boy spoke up

"What's your name, spirit?" He asked, staring at her dead in the eyes.

"Spruce," she chirped happily.

His face contorted to one of disbelief and disappointment "You're kidding?"

"Nope!" She kept smiling.

"No really, what is your actual name?"

"I don't remember but I chose to go by Spruce!"

"How do you not remember your own name moreover why on earth would you want to go by that name?" He asked bewildered.

"I don't know but I feel a weird attachment to them, also I like how they smell!"

"Why did I even ask?" He mutters to himself, he got up and started to walk away.

This confused the spirit "Wait! Where are you going?"

"Away from you." He grabbed a crossbow that had been displayed on a wall, he turned to grab a quiver and arrows.

"You haven't told me your name!" She got as close to the edge of the barrier as she could, still being weary of getting burned again for the third time today.

The blonde stopped in front of the door, he looked back at her and said "You don't deserve to know my name, Spruce." With that he opened the door revealing the outside world to her for a split second, before walking out the door and closing it with a deafening slam.

She sat there shocked, mouth agape from the display she just witnessed. Who the hell does he think he is?! She thought angrily to herself, she stuck her tongue out even though he couldn't see it. Now she sat in silence in the cabin feeling even colder than before, she quickly got bored after all she couldn't do anything trapped in this salty cage.

Although she did decide something in that moment, the second he got back she would pester him for his name and she wouldn't stop until she got it.

If he thought she was annoying before, wait till she shows him just how annoying she can really get.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃