**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Chapter 3˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." –Mark Twain

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

*POV: Third Person*

The sun was shining brightly when he finished his hunt, the once cloudy sky now as blue as his eyes. He continued to drag the deers corpse across the snowy forest floor leaving a trail of blood in its wake and small shards of wood and a few feathers from the arrows that had taken its life away. The blonde smiled to himself he was bound to get a good price for this at the market after all it was nearing the coldest season of this period and therefore there would be high demands for pelts and clothing. Soon enough he could make out the silhouette of his home and for a moment forgetting the intruder that lay in it.

Once he got to the front he managed to lift the deer (with great struggle) onto a wooden bench and proceeded to skin it. It was never the easiest part of the job and he was sure to wash himself and his clothing afterward less he wanted to reek of the dead. He hung up the animal's coat, he would wash it just before the day said goodbye and night said hello, it gives time for all the blood to dry and stop it from making even more of a mess. With a crossbow in one hand and quiver slung around him, he slowly opened the front door.

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME!" The blonde jolted back from the sudden loud voice that boomed across the cabin.

"Why are you shouting?!" The blonde slowly removed his hands from his ears, staring daggers at Spruce who was still sitting in the salt circle. She looked visibly annoyed and he couldn't wrap his head around why she was the one who just shouted at him and is taking up space in his home.

"Answer my question human!"

"Why are you speaking that way?"

"That doesn't matter to you, so again I ask the question, what is your name?!" She got as close to the edge of the salt circle still fearing the possibility of getting burned.

He approached the trapped spirit "You're not getting my name, Spruce." He smiled as her brow furrowed and her annoyance grew, she wasn't going to win this game. She then took a deep breath and the blonde braced himself for her shouting again.

Instead in a monotone voice she started saying "Tell me, tell me, tell me," and repeated those words over and over and over again. How childish, the blonde scoffed at her actions and rolled his eyes.

"How old are you?" He questioned, both humoured and slightly annoyed at her behaviour.

"Tell me, tell me, not telling you, tell me, tell me."

"And I'm not telling you my name."

"Tell me, tell me, you're going to, tell me, tell me."

"No."

"Tell me, yes, tell me."

He leaned in right at the edge of her salt circle and staring at her dead in the eye he coldly repeated "No."

"