**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Chapter 1˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"Everybody is going to be dead one day, just give them time." –Neil Gaiman

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

*POV: Third Person*

She slowly tread through the thick snow, how she got here is a mystery. At some point she had fallen asleep during the 12 hour ride since she ran out of conversation in her defence it was very much a one sided conversation. When she woke up however she was suddenly in a forest, a thick layer of snow covering the ground and only increasing by the second as the snow fall seemed to be endless, a sign of a blizzard perhaps? She wanted to find shelter, she didn't like the cold, granted she was dead it's not like she could actually feel the cold yet oddly her conscience just didn't want to be out in the cold.

The more she walked through the more she lost hope at finding a shelter, who knew how long it would be before she found a village let alone a home. Then again she was in the forest. It was very well possible that there was a cabin nearby, that thought brought back a sliver of hope in her and she marched onward.

Hours had passed by and it felt like she was walking in circles, it was getting harder and harder to see as the snow began coming in more thickly, definitely a blizzard. The sun was setting and before long it would be dark, the thought of wandering alone in the dark sent a shiver down her undead spine. "Just a little bit more," she thought. "Soon I'll find a place to stay... soon I'll–" A light source! She felt a sudden wave of relief course through her and she began sprinting towards the light source. It was emitting from a small lantern hand above the door frame of a... Cabin! She couldn't believe her luck, finally all that walking paid off!

Without a second thought she rushed towards the doors and as she reached for the handle she felt her hands pass through and then her whole body phased through the door. Shocked, she tried to turn back but it only led her to face plant into the floor, now she was double confused. How come she phased through the door but not the ground? She got up and dusted herself off, let's put this phasing ability to the test.

So for the next few minutes she ran around the cabin touching different objects yet she didn't phase through any of them. "Weird." she thought, then came to a realisation. There was nobody in the cabin, it couldn't be abandoned though, could it? There was a lit lantern outside, how much of it was left to burn though? There also wasn't any light inside the cabin.

She hesitated for a moment, going to check the lantern would mean she would have to step outside in the cold. After a few seconds she chose to light a fire instead, she would push her luck and if there happened to be someone it's not like they could see her, right? She was a ghost; it was virtually impossible.

She went to the upper floor of the cabin and grabbed a thick pelt to wrap herself in whilst she sat by the fire. The thought alone of being bundled and feeling nothing but the bliss of warmth whilst Ullr kept the snow storm rampant outside, filled her soul with nothing but joy. She sat down on the pelted log bench placed in front of the fireplace where lies beautiful yet dangerous orange and yellow flames.

 She sat down on the pelted log bench placed in front of the fireplace where lies beautiful yet dangerous orange and yellow flames