-Humans-

"The ocean has blessed you with a gift brother." Kiri said in awe.

They were sitting on a rock, Lei'wa between the sully brothers while Lo'ak talked about his encounter with a tulkun.

"The tulkun haven't returned yet, and no tulkun is ever alone." Aounung spoke as he leaned against a tree.

"This one was. He uh- had a missing thin, like a stump on the left side." Lo'ak described, pointing at his left arm.

The metkayina children looked at each other, all knowing of the tulkun he's talking about.

"Payakan." Tsireya said.

"What?"

"Its payakan." Lei'wa said giving him a soft look.

Who's payakan?" Kiri asked

"a young tulkun who went rough." Rotxo answers.

"He's outcast." Ruyey adds.

"No, you're wrong. He's my friend." Loak argues.

"And we believe you-" Lei'wa began.

"Yeah but he's a killer." Ruyey cut her off, earning an eye roll from her sister.

Neteyam placed a hand on her thigh, sensing her annoyance.

"He killed na'vi and other tulkun. Not here, but far to the south." Aounung told him, leaning forward.

The sully brothers raised their eyebrows at him, but only for a second.

"No, he's no killer. He saved my life." Lo'ak defended the tulkun.

Lei'wa, as crazy as it is, believed Lo'ak. Yes, she heard the tails about the killer tulkun, but why would Lo'ak lie. And if payakan was a killer then he would have tried to kill Lo'ak and without an ilu the boy could've never survived, means payakan didn't even try to kill or hurt Lo'ak in the first place.

"Lo'ak, you're glad to be alive." Tsireya said to him.

"He says payakan helped him, and I know for he isn't just saying that for fun." Lei'wa glared slightly and grabbed Lo'aks hand to reassure him that he's not alone.

"You have to believe me, he's my friend." Lo'ak said, squeezing Lei'was hand.

Neteyam stood up, his braids swinging back and forth and the  warm feeling of his hand on Lei'was thigh left. He walked behind Lei'wa and to Lo'ak, putting his hands on his younger brothers shoulders "My baby brother, the mighty warrior who faced the killer tulkun and lived to tell about it."

Lo'ak shook his brothers hands off and stood up, letting go of Lei'wa.

"You guys aren't listening." Lo'ak walked away.

"No, Lo'ak I'm listening!" Tuk said after him.

Neteyam made a move to follow his brother but Lei'wa caught his hand "Let him be alone for a while."

Neteyam nodds and sits back down, placing his hand on Lei'was lower back.

They talked for a while before going to search for Lo'ak.

They swam outside the reef and saw Lo'ak swimming with payakan.
The five hid behind the sea weed and watched as payakan opened his mouth.

Lo'ak made his way into the tulkuns mouth.
Neteyam was about to swim forward but Lei'wa put a hand to his chest to stop him.