- Spirit Sister -

Lo'ak and Lei'wa sat on Payakan's back in comfortable silence until Lei'wa broke it.

"What's bothering you? Kiri's awake now, that's good." She said, looking at him with soft eyes.

"Yeah, I just- I wasn't there when it happened. I was here, and while I had fun my sister almost died." Lo'ak said and looked down.

"You couldn't have known."

"But I could've at least been there."

Lei'wa sighed and hugged him "It's not your fault. Nothing is."

Lo'ak buried his head in the crook of her neck and returned the hug, feeling comforted. He was glad that she was there.

The sun burned down on Lei'was skin as she walked towards the water when a voice stopped her.

"Hey Lei'wa!"

Lei'wa turned around to see Neteyam coming towards her.

"Hey." She smiled at him.

"What are you doing right now?" He asked as he stopped in front of her.

"Nothing special, why?" Lei'wa shrugged.

"Great! Come with me." Neteyam said and grabbed her hand before she could even answer.

"Where are we going?" The girl laughed slightly.

"You'll see."

"Should I be scared?" Lei'wa asked jokingly.

"With me? Never." Neteyam answered as he looked back at her.

Lei'wa smiled at his words, feeling a comforting warmth and the deep meaning they held. She knew he meant what he said.

They stopped walking when they arrived at the forest.

"What are we doing here?" Lei'wa asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"You will see." The forest boy said again.

Neteyam took Lei'wa deeper into the woods and Lei'wa was afraid that they'd get lost but Neteyam seemed pretty determined.

When Neteyam stopped Lei'was eyes widened at the sight of a tree house built of leaves and wood.

"Wh-"

"I did that. I wanted to have a peaceful place with you." Neteyam interrupted her.

"Wow." Lei'wa said in awe, still staring at the tree house.

"That's sweet of you." The girl looked over at him to see Neteyam admire her already.

The boy gave her a smile and Lei'wa walked up to him, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

Lei'wa opened her eyes when she pulled away and Neteyam's eyes fluttered open as well.

"Come check it out." Neteyam broke the silence and grabbed Lei'was hand again to lead her up the tree house.

They spent hours talking up in their new favorite place. Sharing kisses and laughing together.

But they instantly stopped when the horn blew.

Lei'wa jumped up and took Neteyam's hand, pulling him up with her.

"Come on!" She yelled and they ran back to the village.

"What's going on?" Neteyam asked, confusion written on his face.

"The tulkun have returned!"

Lei'wa laughed when she saw the tulkuns swimming around and the happy faces of her people.

She saw Lo'ak looking at them in amazement and ran up to him, still keeping Neteyam's hand in hers and dragging him with her.

"Come! I want you two to meet my spirit sister!" Lei'wa said and grabbed Lo'ak's hand with her free one.

She dropped their hands when she called her ilu and dived into the water, waiting for the sully brothers to follow her— which they did after a minute.

Lei'wa searched for her spirit sister, Azay, while Lo'ak and Neteyam followed closely behind.

When Lei'wa heard a familiar sound she didn't even think twice before  swimming to the source of it, finding Azay swimming around.

Lei'wa got off her ilu and approached Azay "I see you, sister." Lei'wa signed.

"I see you." Azay made a sound.

Neteyam and Lo'ak floated a bit further away to give Lei'wa and her spirit sister some time for themselves but when Lei'wa waved them over they gladly obeyed.

"These are Neteyam and Lo'ak. The two boys I've told you about." Lei'wa signed to her sister.

Azay made a greeting sound and the sully brothers did the 'I see you' motion.

They went to the surface to talk better and Lei'wa smiled widely when both Neteyam and Lo'ak got along with her spirit sister. She wished the moment would last forever,

But like always— it couldn't.

AN:

AN:

I don't know if it's obvious but I've lost the feeling for this book.

I'm still gonna finish it and try to update as often as I can!