CHAPTER 26

Chapter 26: Running Away

YAZER ELDRICH MONTANO

Where am I? Ang dilim. 

I am standing in the middle of nowhere and it's so dark.

I tried closing my eyes and opening them again. Nothing has changed, it's still dark. 

"Khaki, Kaimeer? Where are you?" I start wondering. I don't know where I am, but it seems like an endless dark path. 

I ran while looking around trying to find something, an exit or just a light.

"Manang? Guys, where are you?" I shouted. I'm not afraid of darkness, but I'm starting to get frustrated and desperate to get out of here. 

I'm running, but I still can't see the end of this or even a small light. 

Where the fuck am I? 

I stopped running and just stood there. Maybe this is just a dream and my mission is to wake up. 

How did I even end up here?

Then I remember what happened last night. 

Is it true? Did something happen between us? Solace... She gave herself to me.

A smile crept on my face. My innocent baby. Mas sigurado na ako sa nararamdaman ko ngayon. 

I love her. I love Solace. 

"Love..." Nawala ang ngiti sa labi ko nang may marinig na mababang boses. 

Hindi ko alam kung tama ba ang narinig. 

"Who are you?" I asked in a stern voice. I moved my head trying to find where the voice came from, but all I can see is darkness.

"Love..." This time it's clearer. Is it you love? 

"Reveal yourself!" I shouted, sounding desperate. Please. 

"If it's you, love, let me see you... Let me see you... For the last time, please..." I pleaded. As time passes by, I'm getting more hopeless.

"I-I just want to see you... and p-promise. I-I'll let you g-go..." 

Then a faint light suddenly came in. I immediately ran towards it and it was getting bigger and brighter as I reached it.

I stopped when I saw a woman standing in the middle of the light. I tried squinting to see who she is but the light is binding me.

I closed my eyes to calm them and slowly opened them again to adjust my sight to the light. 

I can see better now. 

"L-Love..." I whispered. 

As if on cue, memories of us flooded in. A tear fell from my eyes as I remembered our happy moments. Our life together was nothing, but happiness. I'm content and couldn't ask for more, but then you can't do anything if it's God's plan. 

I tried my best not to close my eyes, as I walked slowly towards her, afraid that she'd disappear. 

She smiled at me, like how she always did. 

"W-Why are you only appearing n-now? I-I've waited f-for you. I w-waited," I muttered softly as my voice broke. The pain of yesterday is all coming back. 

"Shh... I wanted you to move on quickly. Kaya hindi ako nagpakita kahit sa panaginip. I want you to move on and move forward with your life." Her mouth isn't moving, but I can hear her thoughts talking to me. 

I went near her until we were now face-to-face. 

Nothing has changed in her. She's still my first love, the woman I've loved, the mother of my twins.