two

□

Later in the night, as she sat by the fire, she decided to join. She stood from her chair and made her way to her bedroom.

She put on her riding coat and grabbed her riding gloves. She smiled at a photo of her parents before leaving the room and then the cabin.

She grabbed the saddle from a shelf inside the little cave. Annet gave a soft growl making her roll her eyes. "We are doing this for my parents."

Annet gave a huff as she sank to the ground. Erthril smiled as she placed the saddle on, tightening it up. "We will do just fine."

She assured the dragon before climbing Annet's back and into the saddle.

She pats the dragon's neck before saying, "Orta!" The dragon then lept into the air letting out a happy roar. Though silent, she smiled, feeling the wind in her hair.

She never flew too low, as Gandalf said, but she looked down from the side, seeing nothing. "Hobbit...Hobbit..." She repeated until she smiled.

"Ahah! Let's go slowly." She says as she lowers Annet to a hill. She jumped down, taking her riding gloves off and placing them in the pouch of the saddle.

"I will return shortly." She tells Annet, placing her forehead on the dragons. When she pulled away, she turned and descended the slope.

Her eyes widened as she saw houses built into the side of the hills. She saw a man shorter than herself walk past.

She held her head high as she walked toward him. She patted his shoulder, and he turned. He had a medium-length white beard with fluffy eyebrows.

He had a bow in his hands, and she balled her hands. "I am looking for a Bilbo Baggins?" She asked, causing the dwarf to smile.

"You must be Erthril. Gandalf told us about you. I am Balin." He tells her with a smile, making her take a step back.

"It's quite all right. Follow me." He tells her softly, and she does as told and follows. They made their way up the steps to a circle door.

He knocked on the door, and they were met with a man even shorter than herself. "Balin at your service." The man beside her said, extending his arms and bowing.

The hobbit looked up at her, and she bowed her head, saying, "Erthril at your service." Following along with Balin.

"Good evening," Bilbo says, looking in disbelief at the two. "Yes, yes, it is. Though I think it might rain later." Balin says, making his way in.

Erthril followed after him as he asked, "Am I late?" She looked around the home, thinking of it as cozy. She could only wish her home felt this warm.

"Late for what?" He asks as Balin turns his head, causing her to look. Inside was another dwarf with a half shaved head. "Evening, brother. By my beard, you're shorter and wider than last we met."

She shares a look with Bilbo as he walks past her looking out the door. "If it helps, I did not see anyone." She tells him as he looks up at her.

"May I ask why you're here?" He asks, causing her to shake her head. "It is not my place." She tells him as she then moves toward the living room.

She looks around seeing books scattered around. "Wow." She says, reading some of the text and then moving toward the fire.

Her home had never been this warm, not even during the warmer season. She reached her hand out to it but heard a yelp.

"Don't put your hand in there!" Bilbo said, watching her retract her hand. "Do not worry. It will not harm me." She told him, making his head tilt in confusion until he heard rummaging.

"I like visitors as much as the next hobbit. But I do like to know them before they come visiting." She hears him say as she then walks to the kitchen.

She found some meat, but it looked like it had already been eaten. She made her way through to see Bilbo and patted his shoulder.

"Do you have any more meat? That has not been touched?" She asked, but he looked at her with disbelief before another knock was heard.