sixteen

□

"Do you think I should join them on the ground?" She asks Annet as she looks down at the company walking.

Annet lets out a roar causing the group from below to look up. "I just feel a bit horrible. I am comfortable up here, and they are walking." She says.

Annet lets out a purr causing Erthril to shake her head. "I know. Let us fly up ahead and find a spot for you. Since you need rest." She jests, patting Annet's neck.

They swooped above the mountains until they saw a wooded area. "Do you believe they'll be fine?" She asks, seeing Annet swoop to the ground.

"All right, let's get you some rest." She says as Annet lands on the ground. She jumps off of Annet and reaches into the side pouch.

She smiled as she pulled out clothed pieces of meat. "If I see him again, I should thank him." She says before taking a piece and giving it to Annet.

She sits down, leaning against Annet, who lays her head on the ground. She closed her eyes while waiting for the group to come off the mountain.

From afar, a group of Orcs watched her but stayed at bay. They saw the slumbering dragon and waited for their leader. He shook his head at them, and they all turned away.

Annet sensing something had lifted her head, watching the area. Erthril still slept as Annet scanned the wooded forest around them.

As she woke, the sun had risen, and the company was not there. "We have to find them." She told Annet as she got up.

Annet stood, and Erthril climbed onto her back. "Let's find them. Orta!" She yells, and Annet leaps into the air.

Annet and her sweep over the mountain, not seeing anything past the fog. "They would have already past this way." She muttered, but Annet quickly turned around.

"What happened?" She asked as Annet flew back to the wooded area. She let out a growl making Erthrils eyes widen. "Fili."

They flew until they hovered over the wooded area. "Fili!" She shouted, looking down at the ground.

She smiled as she saw him in the clearing looking up. They shared a smile before she heard the sound of an animal.

"It's the only thing we have." She says to herself as she watches them fight the Orcs. She swept Annet around and set some of the ones rushing down the hill on fire.

Annet swept back, seeing them in the trees. She hovered over, seeing the Orcs under the trees. "Lord Elrond would not be happy with a forest on fire." She muttered to herself.

She looked to Gandalf, who whispered to a moth. "What should I do?" She asks herself as she looks on.

She sweeps Annet around to the other side before looking down. She then saw the wolves rushing toward the trees.

As they attempted to climb, they tore down several trees. "Could not hurt to try. nár!" She shouts, causing Annet to release a small burst of red fire.

It burns the ground surrounding the tree as Gandalf grabs a pine cone setting it on fire. She burned through several wolves as the others threw down their pine cones.

- gif from thequeenwechoose Tumblr -