ten

□

Erthril looked down, looking threw the wooded lands for the tall wizard. "Where has he gone!" She yelled to herself, making Annet swoop down lower.

Annet never swooped too low, but this time she didn't. She sensed the unease in her rider. Her eyes closed as she sighed. "Shall we just return and use our fire."

Annet gave a loud purr in response. "A small and controlled fire. Can you at least get the trolls to back off?" She asked, and Annet swooped up higher.

"Fine, let us return!" She shouts, causing Annet to turn back around. She leaned forward as Annet moved faster.

She felt Annet move to the left, making her look down. "Gandalf?" She asked, seeing a horse speeding back to camp.

"Get low." She commands, and Annet does just that. Flying low but not as low to touch the ground. "Gandalf!"

He looks back at her from the horse. "Trolls! They have been stealing the horses!" She shouts to him, making him nod.

"You put Annet over the trees to distract them. I will show the light." He tells her, making her nod. "I will!" She shouts to him before returning to the sky.

Annet flew faster than a horse could return to camp. "Not too low. But not too high." She whispered as she spotted Bilbo talking.

She hovered Annet over the woods as a dwarf was lifted. "I've got parasites as big as my arm!" She heard one shout.

The flap of the wings caused them to turn. "Dragon!" One troll shouted, causing the others to stop. "What are you-"

They looked up at her as Gandalf rose to the tall rock. "Dawn will take you all!" He shouted as he lifted his staff.

"Can we eat them?" One asked, motioning to her and Gandalf along with Annet. He slammed his staff into the rock, breaking it in half.

Her eyes widened upon seeing the trolls screaming as their skin turned stone. "Did you know that could happen?" She whispered to Annet, who gave a soft purr.

She smiled upon hearing the dwarves cheer.  "Good work, Dear Erthril," Gandalf said as he descended the rock.

She flew Annet to the rock and landed her down. She jumped from the dragon and then from the rock. "Fili?" She asked, looking at the dwarves in bags.

Bilbo had gotten from his as they began to help each other. "Over here." She heard a voice say and looked over. She saw him in a bag lying on the ground.

As she reached him, she let out a laugh. "It is not that funny." He tells her as she covers her mouth to contain her laughter. "It is from this spot."

He sighed, looking up at her before smiling upon hearing her laughter. "Could you at least help me?" He asked as he scooted over.

"I just might." She told him as she squatted down and pulled that string from the top of the burlap sack. She held the bag open as he crawled out.

"Do you want to keep it?" She asked, standing and holding the bag up. He turned, glaring at her. "Fine. Just leave it here."

"You and Annet did just fine." He tells her, looking at the dragon. Annet stood on the rock, amusement in her eyes, watching the dwarves.

"We always do. That's the trust of a dragon." She tells him. "Are you?" He asked, looking at her and making her look at Annet.

"Am I what? Blood of the dragon?" She asks as he takes a step closer. "If I am. Then do you believe you have my trust?" She asks, looking down at him.

"If the trust in a dragon is strong. Then I certainly believe I do." He tells her confidently, making her smile. "I will tell you when you do."

-