coMing out 3!

The third tape. To the back was a black and white drawing of someone straddling through the woods with an ominous figure peering at them from behind a tree. A cherry tree to be exact.

Shery is the girlfriend of Daren. When he and DeeJay became friends it's like he forgot her existence. She had always been the woman that most guys even Daren bragged about wanting. She was modest, a woman of god, quiet, dainty and had plenty of curves to her. Just like Beth, who Gary always boasted about to Daren but Daren never boasted about her to him. It seemed like Daren wasn't emotionally there for her for the entire two years they had been in a relationship and he and DeeJay's friendship only made it worse.

   She could also sense that DeeJay had a crush on
Daren that he was unaware of. She felt envious of
DeeJay and attempted to keep them apart in any way she could. She would contact Daren to meet up with her for no apparent reason and even "accidentally" dumped Daren's phone in the ocean when they were at the lake's dock so he wouldn't get texts from DeeJay.

She felt like a third wheel even when she was with them. She was almost always at the back of the two when they walked somewhere, and once, she stopped talking to Daren for a few days because he forgot to pay for her ice cream even though he paid for his and DeeJay's. He also always posted when he was out with DeeJay but rarely posted about her. That hurt the most because she saw other couples posting cute photos together and wished she could be like them.

But suddenly she noticed a shift. Deejay started to avoid Daren after Daren abruptly stopped talking to him one day. She was content despite not knowing what had occurred. When Daren started drooling over her excessively and engaging in constant sexual activity, she became more thrilled. She loved the attention, even though it seemed a bit random and like he was trying to sell something to himself. She didn't think twice about the fact that he kept telling her that he's attracted to her, seeing it as an omen.

She was so happy that she wanted to gloat about it to DeeJay and that's exactly what she proceeded to do.

   Since she and DeeJay were partners in biology, she was certain that she could deliver the message at the end of the lesson. When the bell rang, the teacher immediately gave the class a hypothesis to test before exiting through the rear of the room. DeeJay stayed back for a bit after everyone else packed their things as he had to finish writing down the assignment. Shery gave him a nasty look as she turned to face him with her bag thrown over her left shoulder.

"I don't see you and Daren around each other much anymore, why is that?"

    DeeJay who was wrapped up in his head shrugged his shoulders and continued writing. Shery squinted her eyes taking what he did as disrespect. Who does he think he is?

"I bet this is exactly why he stopped fucking with you, you have such a nasty attitude and unlikeable personality!" she said before beginning to walk towards the door.

"Or, was it because your boyfriend was too ashamed that he wanted to fuck me?!" DeeJay muttered.

    Shery turned around, eyes bulged. "What the fuck did you just say?!"

As DeeJay began to put his book into his bag he yelled "OR, WAS IT BECAUSE YOUR BOYFRIEND WAS TOO ASHAMED THAT HE WANTED TO FUCK ME?! Did you hear me now?!"

    For a second Shery froze. This couldn't be true! Right? ... right?

"What the fuck are you even talking about?!" She yelled back at DeeJay on the verge of tears.

"Your nigga had his dick in me before he pushed me off because he was scared of accepting his sexuality!" he said before storming off with his bag in hand towards the back door.

   Shery flung a beaker at him in a fit of wrath; it just missed him and broke on the door. Shery trembled as DeeJay turned to face her and grinned wickedly before walking away and leaving her unable to grasp the truth. And now she had lost all control of all the feelings she had suppressed.

    She hopped the back gate of the school and walked quietly, listening to music, to her house. She began to consider what she might have lacked or done something incorrectly to cause Daren to even consider doing that. And every time she took a step on the gravel road, she had a negative thought or felt insecure. At one point, she just started crying uncontrollably.

At the bottom of our school, there was a beach where tourists swam and tanned. Fish splashed in and out of the water. A nearby hotel was blasting loud music. A coconut vendor was viciously striking the tops of coconuts with his cutlass in order to serve tourists a cold drink. And the sounds of strange bars serving tourists on the beach lingered in the air. Shery sat on the beach, her gaze fixed on the water. She didn't care if her uniform was collecting sand. She wouldn't have this uniform for long anyways and it seemed like her thoughts would last forever.

She stayed there for an hour before spotting the principal's car coming and getting up to go. She didn't stop till she jumped on a bus and covered
her face with the tablecloth she typically had in
her luggage so the principal wouldn't see her. She returned home to find both her home and her
stomach empty. She didn't care, despite the fact that her stomach was growling. Her melancholy
had transformed into wrath by the time she
arrived home. It seemed as though something inside her skull had changed. And a switch she had never seen before flipped.

She went about and around her house knocking things over and striking things down with a metal bat. There wasn't much people around so she could yell as much as she wanted. Next, she called Daren and told him what DeeJay had said and that made Daren angry again. He didn't know who else DeeJay had told and something like that could make his reputation subside. Everyone would look at him differently and he would start getting the exact same treatment that he gave toDeeJay, Carson, Dustin and I. Plus his father could find out about this and he had no idea what he would do.

And as he was worrying in the school halls, Shery was planning all the many ways she could commit murder. But she didn't stop there; she went for a lengthy walk down the river near her house, knowing it led to DeeJay's neighborhood. She waited a decent distance away from the house till DeeJay got home from school, then she just stood there and observed him through the windows, the metal bat still stored in her palms. She observed him rush into his parents' room to see if the gun was still there. It was as if everything had been meticulously planned for the perfect murder for her. And she smiled.

Now both of them had their eyes set on him. But who could've gotten to him first?

"You looking for something?!" Shery said breaking me out of the novel in my ears.

I first looked down at the tape in my hand and noticed it had just ended then looked back up spooked and now had the look Babylon wore when he was suspicious of someone whilst peering at Shery.

"No"

"Well stop looking through my fucking window then!" She returned.

Without even answering her, I started walking away, still looking back at her and by the way she closed her window I could tell she had something to hide.