5 | Gentlemen, He's in Love

November 26th ⭒ 1977

  JAMES COUGHED loudly as Sirius reentered the dorm a few hours later, looking extremely giddy and bored at the same time. Giddy because he got to cross-examine someone, who he hadn't done ever since — fourth year, was it? — forever, and bored because he'd waited a whole 45 minutes for him to show up. Sirius, it seemed, had long ago decided that time was something that he overlooked.

  The boy groaned internally as he was forcibly dragged into a sitting position, with three other faces peering at him with varying degrees of intentness: James was still deciding between being excited or bored out of his mind, Remus had an eyebrow raised as he eyed Sirius, and Peter was doing a mix of both of them while trying to do his tie (he was failing miserably at both actions, considering the fact that he looked like he was having a seizure from his tie being done too tight.)

  Sirius, ever the king of dramatic entrances, raised both his arms and bowed mockingly before taking his seat. "I see my round table of honorable knights has assembled themselves?"

  James snorted, "Pads, stop trying to get out of it. My power of persuasion is too strong for anyone to resist."

  "Ah, yes, the very power of persuasion that landed you a detention with Minnie for assuming she was stupid." Sirius returned the pointed comment as he sat down on Remus's bed, the mattress dipping down with the added weight. "Enough about Prongs's ego, can we just end it by me telling you all that I want absolutely nothing to do with Josephine?"

  Peter tugged at his collar. "You never call her Josephine." As if that explained everything.

  Sirius flopped down backwards. "I'm serious, I'm not interested in your sister."

  All of a sudden, James was hovering on top of him with a startling, intent gaze. "We know you're Sirius. Is she not pretty enough? Not attractive enough by your standards? Speaking of which, what are your standards?"

  "Huh? No— I'm not saying Jo is ugly or whatever, I'm just saying she's not my type. Prongs, no need to attack me."

  Remus side-eyed him. "You had a type? What is it, girls that are willing to shag you in the broom closet?"