Chapter 6

When I got home I quietly shut the back door. I slowly walked up the steps, when I heard a voice behind me.

"Have a secret date or something?" my brother said in the dark.

"None of your business."

"I'm sure Mom and Dad would love to hear where you went."

I walked down the steps. I saw my brother's silhouette leaning against the fridge.

"Look, I'll pay you $5 to keep your mouth shut."

"Make it $10 and we have a deal."

"Ugh....fine!"

I handed him the money and we both snuck into our rooms for the night.

A few days had passed, it was Friday. School had just got out, I was driving home when suddenly four cop cars came rushing past. 'What is going on?' I thought to myself. I did the unexpected and followed far behind them. Three more cop cars were ahead of them. They pulled up to a local bank. The area was surrounded with news cars, and people. The cops blocked the entrances and exits. I parked my car in a parking lot nearby. I walked up to the crowd.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"There is a robbery. People are being held hostage! " a woman in the crowd said.

I looked up at the building. I suddenly heard a cop say to the other cop 'They want 1 million dollars from the bank or they will kill everyone in there!!'

'Someone should do something!! ' I thought to myself. 'You're the one with the super powers, you moron! ' I thought. I couldn't though, I don't know how to use my super powers, and I couldn't take the risk of exposing myself. I saw a mother holding a little girl. The little girl was crying for her dad who was inside. I had to do this, there were innocent people inside.

I sneaked over to a neighboring building. I hid behind the dumpster. Whenever I thought of my powers they activated. Hopefully it would work this time. I thought of my glowing green eyes, my silver nails and light blonde hair. I looked down to see my long, steel nails. It worked! I put my finger to my bracelet and activated it. I was ready for battle. Now to fly, I thought about it once again. I began floating upward. I'm doing it!

I began heading towards the bank. The crowd watched me in awe as I flew over them. I couldn't believe this was happening right now. I wonder if I could fly faster than this.....

"Shit!!!!" I yelled as I began zooming through the air towards the bank. I was going fast, but I couldn't stop in time. I flew right through the glass window and hit the wall. Glass lay shattered behind me.

I landed upside down with my butt up in the air. "Ok, definitely need to work on that! " I said as I sat myself up. I looked to see three men holding guns towards me.