Chapter 31

An alarm rang from somewhere in the building. I stayed hidden in a vent, watching 2 morons try to rob a store.

           "Where you keeping the money?!!!" they yelled at one of the store employees who was being held hostage.

     "I told you, I don't have the key for the register!!!" the employee cried.

     "Well I guess it's not your lucky day, mam" said the first moron as he held a gun to her head.

       I had to do something...I know I was told to wait for my signal to go with Agent Ryan, but I'm not standing around to watch anyone get shot.

      I used my magnetism powers to swipe the gun up. It stuck to the vent I was looking out of. They all looked up in amusement.

         "What the hell?" said the 2nd Moron.

He took a stool and tried to get up and grab the gun. Just before he could see me hiding in the vent, I burst through it, knocking him to the ground.

        The employee looked at me...there was thankfulness in her eyes, she knew who i was and that I would protect her.

   The first moron backed up slowly. I walked towards him like a predator ready to catch its prey.

         "You...you...you're real. I thought you were just a story that the cops made up to scare us away." he said terrified.

"Ohh...I'm real alright."

Suddenly I felt something cold against my neck. It was a knife. Looks like the 2nd Moron was trying to brave.

    I turned around just as he tried to stab me in the chest. It bent the knife like an accordion.

      There was terror in his eyes as he realized he couldnt stab me. I punched him...causing him to fly into the wall and knocked unconscious.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the other moron trying to make an exit. I quickly straightened out the knife.

     I turned around and threw it. It pinned his shirt to the wall. He stood there terrified.

     I could hear footsteps in back. Looks like Ryan called me in back up. There was no need...

      I grabbed the moron's gun and aimed it at him.

"Do you believe it now?!" I asked.

        "yes."

I walked closer to him...putting the gun near his face.

     "I want you to look at this face...remember it." I commanded.

"Why?"

     "Im sure you've heard lots of stories about me....you know how I hate crime."

"yeah...."

        "There's one thing though, that I hate most...."

"What's that?" the moron said unamused.

      "a murderer"

He was silent. I put the gun to his forehead.

     "Did you ever stop to think of the family that lady has at home? How hurt they would be to realize she is gone...all because of money...." I said with disgust.

      He sat there...still not caring....

Anger rised in me and I slapped him across the face and pushed him into the wall. I was lifting him up by his collar.

       "You see....if you would've murdered that lady...the last thing you will see is this face." I threatened.

He stood there horrified. My back up arrived.

        "Drop him...we can take it from here." said one of the agents.

I let go of him and he fell to the ground with a loud thud.

      I began to leave when I noticed a crowd of news people gathered around outside.

     I stood there for a second, watching everything happening around me.

       "Do you want me to get rid of the news crews?" asked Agent Ryan nicely.

"No, i can handle it." I said.

I pushed the door open. Police were keeping the news crews at a distance. I walked pass them. The crews went crazy the minute I walked out. The cops began pushing them back.

        "Don't worry officers....its fine. I will speak to them." I said.

     Everyone was quiet. I looked at them.

"I'm not here to be a star, nor a god, or polititian..I'm here because it is my job to protect all people and stop crime. The world can be wonderful and yet it can be scary. I'm not here to tell you what is right or what is wrong...I am here to fight for what I believe is right."

"But there is still crime happening..." a reporter said

       "I am one person, I cannot guarantee there wont be anymore crimes. But I can promise you I will give everything Ive got to stop as much crime as I can."

"Any messages for any criminals out there now?"

     "Yes, I am not just some made up story...I am real and I will come and find you and you may or may not see me coming. I will find you. There's only one word I have to say for those stupid enough to try and hide, ."

     "what's that?" asked another reporter."

I looked into the camera. My eyes were glowing green. A devilish smile spread across my face. Here was my warning to whoever dared challenge or fight me, I wanted the world to remember this face and fear my name. I am Atomic Woman. And with that I said the one word every thug or criminal to know,

      "Run."