Chapter 25

As the ambulance drove off, I watched as all of Genevieve's monitors went crazy. Her heart had stopped.

"Inject her with it now!" yelled one of the medics. The medic quickly injected it into her left wrist. I watched as her body suddenly jolted as the element was injected in her.

"Start CPR now!!!" yelled another medic.

There was 2 bullet wounds on her chest. They began performing CPR on her. They put a defibrillator on her. I watched as her body jolted against the electrical current that went through her body, trying to restart her heart.

"Come on Genevieve. You're strong enough to make it through this! Please don't give up now!" I thought to myself.

The medics continued like this for several minutes. They finally gave up. The medic turned to me.

"I'm sorry ...we did the best we could....but she is gone."

My heart stopped. I thought of an empty desk in the class. Having nobody to pick on during my planning period. She always knew how to make me laugh during the roughest days. She was a smart girl, and she had a bright future ahead of her. I kept picturing the day when I found out about her being Atomic Woman.

How she had been thrown out a window of a 5 story school, and managed to get up unharmed. The image of her smiling at me and giving me a thumbs up so I knew she was ok was imprinted in my head. I would give anything to see her roll her big brown eyes at me or have her crack one last joke. Now, she was gone. How would I explain this to her family?

Suddenly her heart monitor started going crazy again. According to her monitor, her heart was beating at 200 beats a minute.

"What the hell?" said the medic confused.

Another medic checked the monitor to see if it was broke.

I turned to Genevieve. I watched the bullet wounds in her chest disappear. Her skin was regaining color. Her heartbeat was now at 300 beats a minute.