Chapter 46

Alexia

“….not. It's quite easy. You just need to be a little handy with the codes and passwords”

I shifted uncomfortably in my sleep due to all the chattering around me.

Annoyed, I sat straight from my sleeping position shoving the duvet away.

Rubbing away the sleepiness from my eyes, I looked at the figures around me chatting away freely.

“You’re awake.” Kevin voiced from the seat next to mine.

“Yeah..” I mumbled stifling a yawn.

Taking the pillow, I hugged it to my chest lazily tr-

Wait. What?

Confused, I looked down at the pillow and then to the duvet which I pushed away from my body a minute ago.

Where did that come from?

I was one hundred percent sure that I didn't have any such things with me when I went to sleep.

Who put it here?

Still in the haziness of my sleepy state, I shrugged away such thoughts from my mind being too lazy to fret over them.

My eyes then fell up on Gwen who was sitting next to Helen in the other row, one seat away from Nordin.

“Did we wake you?” Gwen asked making me nod.

“You did. But it’s okay I had to wake up anyway. What were you talking about?”

“About the plan. We have to take them down as soon as possible. The longer we delay things, the more dangerous it becomes. So we have to get in touch with Jake or Ryder or whatever he is  to try and track him down.” Helen explained nodding her head.

“Leave it to me. I know exactly what we should do” I said pinching my nose. “What’s the time now? It feels like we have been in the plane for ages.”

“We are ten minutes away from landing.” Aarvin said making me look at him.

I frowned when my gaze fell upon him.

When all others were engaged in talking with each other, he was sitting there looking at his phone being the cocky little business man he is.

He didn't even spare me a glance when he answered my question.

I scoffed.

“I didn't ask you”

The tone of my statement did the wonder and he looked up from his phone at me with an unrelenting stern stare.

“You didn't specify to whom it was directed. I believe hence anyone can answer.”

I narrowed my eyes at his retort.

“And when did you start answering my questions? I thought you were deaf most of the time.”

“It was the polite thing to do and I don't regret it. Being the gentleman I am, I consider it my duty to help the ones in need.” He said blankly showing no kind of emotions.

“Oh thank thee for thy free service.! I really appreciate it Mr. Anderson. If it wasn’t for your million dollar answer, I would’ve found myself on the edge of a cliff not knowing what to do.” I said adding an all too sweet smile at the end.

Narrowing his eyes slightly he opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted by the speaker.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we would be landing in three minutes. Everyone kindly stay in their seats and make sure to put your seatbelts on. Thankyou”