Chapter 55

Alexia

Letting out a deep breath, I stared at the building from where I had walked out just days ago.

It's not exactly a house. Jake, Biancca and a few of the main members of the gang live here. Even then, it is their temporary hide out.

They change their locations time to time so as that it won't be easy to track them down. One of the reasons why Nordin and his gang had a hard time locating them long enough to plan an attack.

My job is to make it easier for them.

I braced myself with the thought as I walked down the yard that led to a deceivingly normal door.  But before I could lift my hand to look for the calling bell, it swung open revealing a man with bleary eyes hanging on to the door frame.

His eyes roamed all over the place before they finally focused on me.

"The 'ell are you?" He somehow manged to get the slurred words out  and I had a strong urge to cover my nose to escape from the horror that was his breath.

"Jake here?" I asked not wanting to prolong the interaction with him.

He blinked his eyes at the question.

"You're the boss's girl..?" He asked more to himself, lifting an eyebrow at me.

"Who's there Mike?"

My lips thinned into a grim line on seeing the figure walking towards us.

"What are you doing here?" Biancca asked narrowing her eyes as she too joined the little group welcoming.

"To see Jake."

"You know her Bee?" The man asked looking at her, or to be specific, at her chest which was partially covered by a thin piece of cloth.

"Let her in." She said dismissing him without altering her glare from me. And after a second of pinning me down, she spun on her heels and I followed her closely behind not wanting to left behind with that fuckup who can't seem to take his eyes off me.

After taking the stairs and turning a quick left, she stopped before a wooden door and held it open.

"He is inside."

She said looking at me and with a nod, I stepped past her.

I could sense her cold stare burning my back and I held back a shudder, knowing I'm all alone in their realm and no one would hear me even if I scream.

"I'm watching you.” She whispered before closing the door from outside.

I let out a breath seeing the now closed door.

She never fails to make my guards high up in her presence.

"Has been long, ain't it?"

Startled by the sudden voice, I turned around to see Jake standing there towards a corner of the room with his back leaning on a desk.

He was wearing a white t shirt with black jacket and jeans. His eyes doesn't gleam like a blue ocean anymore. And I know it has something to do with his use of drugs . His dirty blonde hair was not combed and was all over the place in a complete mess.

His lips were pulled into a sly smirk as he assessed me under his nonchalant gaze.

"I thought you had ran away after the incident at the cafe. Since I was busy taking care of some things I had to put a pause on us. Glad to know you came back to me." He said taking small predatory steps towards me.

"It's not like I've somewhere else to go. No thanks to you for making me realize how worthy I'm to live in this world." I snapped folding my arms across my chest, watching the way his brows jumped a little at my words in surprise.