Chapter 51

Alexia

"Where is Aarvin? He will join us, right?" I asked Nordin as I adjusted the hood over my head.

Following what he said yesterday, we were on a mission to find Dante for god knows what. And as per his instructions, we were all dressed in dark clothes with hoods covering our faces but apparently,  Helen did not own any dark hoodies that she had to 'borrow' one from Nordin, who gave her one of his with an all-too-pleasant grin on his face.

"Of course, He will join us there" He assured, crouching down on his one knee as he tyed her shoe laces into a perfect bow. Leaning back a little, he appraised his work with a satisfied grin.

"Need a ring?" Kevin teased seeing his posture which earned a grunt from Gwen, who had this ugly scowl on watching Nordin interacting too closely with Helen.

"I always have it with me, man. You know, in case of emergency." Nordin winked with a smirk making her gasp.

"Don't even think about it you fucker!" She snapped snatching her feet away from his hold before walking over to his car calling shotgun.

I laughed, sharing a look with Kevin on seeing the pink that coated her cheeks.

But it didn't had the same effect on Gwen though, who narrowed his eyes at her odd behaviour.

With a shake of my head at my friends’ behaviour, I got into the back seat of his Range Rover along with the guys.

"You guys ready?" Nordin asked eyeing us in the mirror.

"Can you just spit it out where the hell we are going?" Helen grumbled pulling on her seatbelt and clipping it securely.

"Patience baby, I assure you this night will be fun." He smirked knowingly before revving the car to a start making us hold on to our dear life for the next two hours.

I don't know how I manged to survive that hours of my life with Nordin swirling the car like he is in some racing shit.

Thank god for the woman was blind  otherwise she would've died of heart attract on seeing a car dashing towards her in full speed.

"I'll rather ask a lift from Hades next time than getting in a car driven by you." I said taking deep breath to calm my rapid heartbeat.

"Don't be silly, I was rather slow today. How can I risk it when Ella is with me?." He said faking innocence.

"Ouch! So, you don't care for our life bro?" Kevin, who seemed to be in the same condition as me, asked wide eyed.

"Come on. It was fun." He exclaimed throwing his hand around Kevin's shoulder.

"So, what's this place?" Gwen inquired looking ahead to the big building which stood some ten- twenty yards away from us.

"This is an underground fighting club." He replied following his gaze.

The place itself is in an abandoned part of the city which evoke an eerie feeling inside me. The club seems years old with chipped walls and dirty paint. But apart from all the cracks and dirt, it is a massive one with neon blue and red lights seeping through the slight opening in the door. Accompanied with the surrounding darkness, I could clearly say the whole thing is a bad idea.

"Is there a fight going on right now?" Gwen asked and Nordin nodded his head.

"There are fights every night and people bet on their participants in each round. The boxer who wins the game gets his bet money. And that is why we are here. Mostly people in my field come here for entertainment. That is why I told you to hide your face, As a precaution. Dante is a frequent visitor and I know him that way."