Prologue- Cheshire

I'd failed my line for almost 300 fucking years. I'd foolishly allowed Beatrice to go to the other realm without my guidance. She told me she'd return once she found love again. I guess she never did or maybe she didn't want to return to Wonderland. I shouldn't have left her alone as long as I did, but with her taking her magic to the other side the other Guardians and I had to fight to keep the magic stable. It was only a few short years to her, but almost a lifetime to our side. At least, the first time I traveled to find her. I'd never spent more than a few hours on the other side before my search for her. I never saw the need to mingle with the few who accidentally tumbled through the portals to Wonderland. They were happy enough to believe the trip was a vivid dream and nothing more. The Guardians agreed it was better this way. The less that traveled to us the safer they'd be. I could never understand why Beatrice thought she'd find love again on the other side. They were so fast paced and in a rush to nowhere. Why she'd want to leave the comfort of our home was still a mystery to me.
I've been able to narrow my search down to only a few families now. When Beatrice crossed to this side they didn't keep their records as well as we did so it's been a struggle to find her and her children. Though by this time it would be around her 4th great grandchildren.
My search has led me to the Hart family this time. They live in the middle of nowhere it seems. I have high hopes that this is them. The family has settled around a portal tree so I may be right. Not many people are comfortable living by the more prominent portal trees. For those without magic in their blood, the presence of our magic seems to make them uneasy. I've kept my eyes on the two families for a few weeks now.
The Harts have 2 daughters after a long line of sons. Dormouse has said to look for a girl after a long line of boys. The child I'm looking for will truly be exceptional. She'll help bring the stability back to the magic if I can find her. From what I've seen of the two daughters they're close in age so it's hard to determine who was born first.
Alice seems to be more carefree and quiet than her cousin Lorraine. Lorraine seems to be more mischievous and loud though. Both girls have qualities that Beatrice was known for. There's only one way to know for sure though.
Time to set up the test for them both.