Chapter 21 Alice

Pain. That's what wakes me up. A searing pain coursing through my wrists and down my shoulders. I slowly open my eyes and try to take in my surroundings. I'm laid out on a bed of straw and I have cuffs around my wrists and ankles, the cuffs around my wrists are some kind of metal. How the hell did I end up bound in a damn dungeon? Last I remember I was in Hatters arms as he carried me to his bed. Now I'm in a round stone room that looked like a old castles dungeon. I look up and my wrists and see the cuffs are solidly in the wall and I finally feel a gag tied around my mouth. I try to find where the gag is tied, but I can't feel a knot. It must be someone's magic that's keeping it bound. I can barely move my wrists in the cuffs. I'm well and truly trapped. I feel myself starting to panic as I become more aware of my predicament. Thankfully I was dressed in Hatters shirt, smelling the tea and him was bringing a small comfort.
I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I try to tug at my cuffs again.
"Tug all you like, but it won't free you little royal." The voice is deep with a bit of a growl to it, like an animal. Did I get kidnapped by a different hybrid? Why though? I may be a royal of this world, but I don't have anything of value on this side or the other for that matter.
"I can smell your fear little royal." He taunts me before he finally comes into my view and I feel my blood run cold. He's tall and lean, the way he moves screams feline. His hair is a dark brown but when he moves into the sunlight I can see shades of red. His face looks like the cover of an old romance novel. His eyes are a deep green and his pupils are slit like a cats, his eyes remind me of Cheshire's. Where the fuck was he? Some fucking Guardian. No. I have to keep calm, he wouldn't abandon me again. I just needed to be patient. My captor is dressed in all black. His posture is casual and relaxed, he knows I'm not a threat to anyone but myself in this situation. I keep looking over him trying to figure out what exactly he is. His hands seem normal enough until I see the claws at the ends of his fingertips. I see he's studying me as I study him. He laughs as I yank at the cuffs again.
"Of course. How rude of me. Where are my manners, especially in front of a royal bloodline." His voice is dripping in sarcasm. He bows low before he introduces himself.
"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Hunter. I'm a human and Bandersnatch hybrid of our world. I've been informed you know almost nothing about our world. My animal side is the most fearsome predator in all of Wonderland. Which makes me perfect for my job. I take care of messy things that people will pay a very hefty price for so that their hands may stay clean. Unfortunately for you, you've already made a wealthy enemy. One who has paid me handsomely to keep you away from the Hatter for awhile. You should thank the magic they hired me and not someone else. Most of the other in my line of work would just slit your throat and be done with it. I'm smart enough to remember the old laws and killing you would give your guardian free range to take not only my head, but the heads of my family as retribution for your death. And I value my head far to much to piss off the legendary Cheshire. He was dangerous before he lost track of his bloodline. And after he spent lifetimes hunting you down I know my death would be slow and horrible. He has been known to be quite cunning in his punishments." His confession though has me wondering. Who could I have pissed off already? Finally one name slowly comes into my mind.
Hare.
He's also from a royal line so I'd put my money on him being the one who hired Hunter to take me. Guess he thought if Hatter believed I left after we fucked and went back home he'd be heartbroken enough that he'd court another, probably Dina.
"I saw that glint in your eyes. You may have already guessed who hired me. I won't give a name though in case you guessed wrong. Can't rat out my clients. Not even Mr. Mouse would stoop that low and he's almost completely lost in his own madness. Don't worry little royal. After awhile I'll set you free and you can return to your world and this can all be a distant memory." He looks me up and down again like I was an animal in a zoo. I can tell he's curious.
"For someone who grew up in the wrong world you seem to be taking this surprisingly well. Then again you have not only royal blood in you, you also have powerful magic in you." I glare at him and he laughs.
"Such spirit. I half expected you to cry and whimper once you woke Like most of these soft wealthy families, but I can see the fire in your eyes and the determination as you try and free yourself." He kneels to get closer to me and runs his claws down my face. He doesn't break the skin, but it's hard enough to make me shiver. I refuse to show fear though. He tsks before he rises again.
"Such a shame. I would have liked to keep you. I would have courted you with chases through the old woods and lavish hunts like the original royals enjoyed. I could see by the mess you and Hatter made at that table, that you like it rough. And from those marks along your neck and thighs also shows me you like to get marked like an animal." He growls and gently moves Hatters shirt to the side showing off his bite mark.
"I can smell that your body is drenched in his scent. Unfortunately the magic wouldn't accept us a pairing. Such a waste. You'd make a strong mate for me." He finally moves away from me and looks around the room. No doubt making sure I couldn't escape even if I got the cuffs off.
"Now that your awake I'll hunt you something for you to eat. Don't tug on those cuffs to hard. Don't need you hurting yourself. Can't allow any others to know your location so you can try and scream, but I paid 10 gold pieces for that gag. Until someone else removes it you can't get a peep out." He smiles at me and I can see how sharp his teeth are. Hunter is an appropriate name for him. I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I know he can sense it.
"Maybe you can feel fear little royal. Such a waste, I would have liked to see what a royal with an actual backbone could do for us." He shakes his head and walks out the way he came in.
I feel tears start to run down my face. I let my panic wash over me for a few more moments before I shake my head and get a grip on myself. Gag or not I know at least Cheshire would be looking for me. He should know Wonderland like the back on his paws so as long as their hunting for me here and not back home then I shouldn't be chained here for to long. Though if Hare is behind all this then he may lead them on a wild goose chase to avoid where I'm being held.
Suddenly I have an idea pop into my head. I could try dream walking. If I could actually use it properly maybe I could get a message to Hatter or hopefully even Cheshire. I lay down on the straw and start to breathe deeply. I try to let my mind wonder off like I did before. Just hoping something will spark inside me and I can control the magic in me.