2.

I was always too shy to admit my love to him, even when he had to leave the country several times for his career. I was often at the airport, watching him go. This time, at the end of March, he would head off to Melbourne, Australia.

"Remember to take some pictures to send to me," I awkwardly hugged him before he went on the plane. "I might be watching you soon. Good luck in the races." His family was there as well, but only his mum. His siblings and dad were busy, and didn't have time.

"Thanks, love," Lando ruffled my hair gently. He liked calling me names even though we weren't together. "I'll try to send in some photos, but you know sometimes I'm way too busy racing and might not have time. Facetime? Texting? I'm good with those."

"I know you're way too muffled up in your schedule," I folded my arms across my chest. "Just try to phone me sometime, okay? I'm not forcing you either, love."

"Alright, whatever you say, Ash," He grinned. "Let me talk to my mum now." Cisca moved forward as I moved back, turning bright red as I did every time after I finished talking to Lando. It was always an embarrassing thing between us. 

ash_cole not somebody being sweet and happy cause I'm here at the airport lolgood luck btw!!!!!Tagged: landonorrisLiked by: charlesleclerc, landonorris and 1,509,474 others

good luck btw!!!!!
Tagged: landonorris
Liked by: charlesleclerc, landonorris and 1,509,474 others.

lena_ali_t this is why u're my fav shipp
- ash_cole lena we dont like each other!!!
- landonorris yh we're just friends 
- user_3 i think you mean besties 

landonorris yh multiple reasons why im happy 
- ash_cole what are they
- landonorris ur here and my mum is here and you just made my day

user_5 stay away from Lando you bitch
- user_5465 yh hes reserved for us so backoff

             comments on this post have been limited

It was so unfair.

I laid on my back on my bed, limiting the comments on my post as I saw the amount of hate I gained in the post. I'd recieved quite a lot of hate ever since some Lando fan girls had found out about our close friendship. 

I was treated differently on the internet ever since. I smelt the fresh biscuits my mum was baking in the kitchen, so I got off my tired back and sighed.

"Darling, are you sure you're okay?" Mum asked me as I sat down on the table and stuffed a biscuit into my mouth. "You've been acting weird ever since Lando left." 

"I'm fine," I nodded as Mum shrugged and poured me a glass of milk. "Anyways, are you meeting that whatever man you met at work a few weeks ago?" Mum had started working after dad left, and she had been working for quite a big company. 

A few weeks ago, a nice man called Michael joined the business and was Mum's assistant. They had chatted quite late into the hours, while I stayed home and managed the food. She'd been falling for him since, and was happy when she discovered he was about the same age.

"Oh, shush," Mum turned bright red. "How about you and Lando? Anything about my grandbabies being born? Any marriage or love confessed?" She always used this hack to get me back at any romance mentioned. I rolled my eyes and shook my head as Mum chuckled and checked the clock. "Damn, I should get going now. Mike's going to be waiting."

With that, she pulled on a pair of red flats and walked out of the door. I heard the lock click and smiled as I shoved another biscuit into my mouth. I looked down as I discovered a scar I hadn't looked at since years ago. 

~ Flashback ~

I was standing by the doorway, about to surprise my dad as his birthday was today. I was only eleven by that time, and I had met Lando already. We'd been friends for some time. 

Dad was taken out of jail, and had changed but not much. He continued on his drinking and love for playing other girls. Mum wasn't affected by it, she had work.

I had saved up my money to get him a watch. I never bought him a birthday present, ever. It stopped when he changed his attitude. 

The watch was just a simple plastic one, but it costed a whole year of my savings. I stood on the porch, readying my smile as the black, shiny car pulled up the driveway. Dad stumbled out as my smile faded immediately.

"D-dad?" I muttered as he lazily staggered up the front steps, pushing me away from the doorway. I almost lost my grip on the black box, but I didn't let go. I secured my grip as I followed him inside, and he sat down at the table. "H-here you go. A nice birthday present for you. Happy Birthday!" I tried to sound as cheerful as possible, not to let him hear my disappointment.

"Get me a beer," Dad had growled, scratching his hair. 

"But-"

"Are you stupid, child?" Dad grabbed hold of my collar as I yelled, and he got hold of a pair of scissors. I flinched at the sharp tool as he stabbed it down straight onto my leg, which sent me screaming at the top of my lungs and tears spilling down my cheeks. 

"I said get me a fucking beer!" He never changed. Without wasting my time, I dashed out of the house and slammed the door behind me as he yelled in anger. 

I knocked on Lando's house door - they were the most friendliest out of all the neighbours, I'd discovered. And he was the softest person I'd met in my whole life, which often caused me to be cheerful around him. I never confessed my feelings, as the fear of losing my only best friend might come true. His parents were great to me, and treated me like their own. 

"Ash?" Lando threw open the door. "Are you- holy heck what happened to you?" I was invited in. More like a gentle pulled in action by Lando as he hugged me tightly, not letting me go. I'd stopped my crying as I went in. "Who did this?"

"M-my dad," I mumbled into his ear, as more blood trickled down my thigh. I stumbled on my balance as Lando caught me straight away. My vision was swimming, and I couldn't see properly. This time I fell straight off my feet, hearing Lando yell for his parents as I scrunched up my eyes for better vision. 

I was laying in a pool of blood. My blood. I hated the sight of blood, even if it meant I always saw it. "L-Lando? I'm so dizzy."

"Ash, please stay with me!" Lando shook me as my head throbbed with pain. I groaned slightly as his parents rushed down the stairs, and Cisca cried at the sight of me. I glanced out of the window, and saw my Mum's bright red car pulling up the Norris' house's driveway. Had she seen the blood trail I left behind me? Had she known what happened? "No, Ash, please just stay awake!"

The last thing I'd remembered was police sirens. I'd heard them twice in my life, and it was enough. I dazed off, still remembering how Lando had screamed for me, and no matter what, his parents wouldn't let him through the paramedics, who were investigating my wounds.

~~

That was how the scar ended up there. I remained silent as I finished up some of the biscuits, pushing the plate away from me as my phone pinged with a message. 

Lando. 

I smiled. He messaged called me much whenever he had a race coming up. 

Lando 🧡
Heyy love
u alright to call?

You 
yeah
I'm just being depressed bc you're gone

Lando 🧡
Same that's why I'm calling you idiot

You 
violence isnt the solution 🤓

Lando 🧡
stfu gurl
anyways call meee