6.

I wished I could turn back time. 

Looking back in time, I'd rather realise during my unpacking time, Mum and Michael called me thousands of times and texted me even. I did regret a bit, considering she thought I went missing and forgot my flight and trip.

She called the police as they thought I ran away and never came back. Lando saw it eventually on the news, and told me immediately. It was a false alarm, and we had to call my parents back and tell them I was in Australia. 

"Hey, I have something to tell you..." Mum had started on the call. "You're-" I hung up. I didn't need to hear her say it, I knew it. Lando sighed as I threw the phone back in my handbag, the phone still vibrating from Mum's constant calls. 

"I'm having a race about an hour later and this is the chaos your parents cause," Lando gritted his teeth. "Great. You know what? I'll just go and prepare." With that, he left me sitting in the office, my hands still gripping tightly against the phone case. 

I sighed as I followed Lando out of the place, him still in his suit, his helmet by his side. He seemed really nervous, even though he'd done this loads of times. I held his hand, my other getting sweaty as Lando looked down, his expression anxious. 

"You'll do great in the race, I promise," I stroked his hand gently. "Even if you don't make it to the points, it's still a good process. You'll know where you've worsen at from the last season and you'll correct it. Good chance to spot mistakes, right?" 

"Y-yeah," Lando agreed, shuddering as Oscar walked past behind us, and I placed a head on his shoulder. "Good chance. Promise you'll be there?"

"I promise," I hugged his arm. "I didn't fly over here to Melbourne for nothing at all."

"Makes sense," He shrugged. "I thought you'd bring Lena over, so I was kinda surprised when you mentioned nothing about her in the call. Not like I was expecting her anyways, but you know, she's your best friend."

"Well, you were my first best friend after all," I comforted him. Talking about something else when talking with Lando would be much easier when he's about to have a race. He'd usually get all jumpy, so the best way was the change the subject. "Usually firsts are the VIPs, in my point of view."

"Eh, nice," Lando grinned up at the shining sun. "You think your mum and Michael are watching? Did they get Sky Sports or something?"

"Yeah, they did, but for football," I looked up at him, as he went his fingers through his hair. "They're Chelsea fans, for instance. But do boys go through their hair with their fingers almost every second?"

"Depends," Lando chuckled. "If it's always messy and curly like mine, probably. It could get in your way of life, but luckily not my racing life. It's a good thing."

"I guess so," I suddenly had an idea. "Want a photo?"

"Instagram?" Lando grinned. "Sure. Why not."

ash_cole #reunitedTagged: landonorrisLiked by: danielricciardo, oscarpiastri and 800,824 others

ash_cole #reunited
Tagged: landonorris
Liked by: danielricciardo, oscarpiastri and 800,824 others.

lena_ali_t are you together yet??????
- landonorris shut up not yet
- ash_cole yet?
- landonorris shhh

masonmount my ship still working :)
- landonorris dont get your hopes up yet mase
- lena_ali_t mason mount in ur comment section lol
- masonmount you free later?
- ash_cole sense something building up

oscarpiastri partner you ready
- landonorris never have been in my whole life :)
- ash_cole thats the lando i know
- declanrice good luck you two 

~~

"Good luck, love," I smiled at Lando before heading towards the stands. "Remember: don't stress yourself too much." When Lando stressed himself too much, it was never a good sign. It'd show that he was suffering being behind. 

"Alright," He leaned in and kissed my forehead, which I froze awkwardly at. "Love you, I'll see you at the finish line." With that, he zipped up his suit and headed over to his garage. I was still frozen from the kiss until security ushered me into the stands. 

"Hey, excuse me, how many laps does it take to go round here?" I asked a Mclaren fan which was really excited to answer me. "I don't really know this race much myself."

"Takes about 58 laps much," He shook my hand. "You see down there?" I nodded. "That's where they'll be starting, as there's the traffic lights above there, and boxes. You know what boxes are, right? Good. Why are you here? No offence made."

"Yeah, no offence," I agreed. "It may sound stupid but I'm here for Lando Norris. I'm his... childhood best friend, you could say. We were both into cars and karts back then so we became friends immediately."

"Oh, Ashley Cole, right?" The man guessed. "Yep, I've heard all about you. That youngster Norris' a good lad, innit?" I agreed. He explained his family was British but from Monaco, and had met a few drivers by living there, but never succeeded in meeting Lando. 

Both his daughters were great fans of Oscar Piastri, which they'd met before, but wanted to meet Lando at the same time. I got the girls' numbers and I promised to get Lando to possibly sign their shirts after the race. Oscar as well, if he was free.

"It's a pleasure meeting you!" One of the girls exclaimed. Her name was Tina, and she was tired from trying to Lando to sign her shirt but failed every time. "I was wondering if you'd come, as the last two times he mentioned you during the interview, but said you weren't there."

"Yes, sorry, I was busy doing something else," I replied to the fifteen year-old girl, who was happy with my response. Her little sister, only nine, was waving a Mclaren flag at one of the guards, who didn't much look happy about. "But I did watch him back at home."

"Do you think he'll finish first or last?" Her sister, Tiana asked me in which I stroked her hair and smiled. 

"Well, all it matters is that he's in the race, right?" I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. "If he finishes in the points, it's really good, but if he's in top three or two, I will be quite happy with him. Even if he doesn't cross the finish line in time."

"He will!" Their mother, Teresa, encouraged my choices. "Bring your hopes up!" 

~

In the end, Lando ended up in the sixth place.

I was happy with it, but he wasn't. Lando rather thought he didn't pushed himself too much. Later, I had to calm him down back in the motorhome.

"Sixth is still in the points, Lando, calm down," I ruffled his hair. "Besides, I have someone for you to meet."

"Alright," Lando groaned as he followed me outside, and I led him off to the Smiths' family.