~hyunjin~

it's been so long what the fuck. 

anyways, this fic was requested by DestinyLove460, i'm so sorry that i took so long to get to it x

---

the week had started off normal, as it usually does, of course stray kids were still writing songs and practising their dances but they hadn't announced any new comeback yet so everything was more relaxed than it usually would be.

in fact everything was so relaxed that hyunjin had been having so much more spare time to paint than he had ever had before, he had made around 5 artworks in the past few weeks and he had been sharing each one to stay, who obviously loved every single one. and he hadn't seen 3racha for many nights, he often went to bed before they got home and since he didn't have a set schedule right now he was having long lie-ins to make up for previous sleep loss which meant that they often left before he got up. this allowed him to be able to do most of his artwork downstairs in front of the television whilst watching dramas that he needed to catch up on, he had a terrible habit of starting multiple dramas at once and never finishing them so he had decided now was his chance to finally finish at least some of them.

however, with 3racha not being around he was forced to cook his own food, there was a rule among stray kids to never leave hyunjin alone in the kitchen because he always messed something up. one time he burned noodles because he didn't put enough water, yeah he got laughed at for weeks so he won't ever make that mistake again.

he would say that he's improved his cooking skills since then, of course the other members aren't convinced, but when you spend most of your time alone cooking becomes inevitable and unfortunately unavoidable.

to be fair to him he had been doing pretty well so far. he had made plenty of ramens and other extremely simple dishes, but tonight he wanted to push himself. he texted felix to ask for a recipe that was more advanced that the ramen he had been cooking previously. of course felix sent the recipe, after 10 minutes of laughing at hyunjin of course. 

he scrolled through the bibimbap recipe felix had sent him and discovered he actually had all the ingredients he needed already there, clearly chan had been shopping earlier in the week.

he got everything out and set up a facetime call to felix so that he could guide him through the recipe, that way he was less likely to make any mistakes....

"you need to fry the egg now, no FRY! that's scrambling them! HYUNJIN LISTEN TO ME! NO YOU'RE NOT!"

"NO THE RICE WON'T BE DONE YET PUT IT BACK!"

"okay now check to see if the meat is cooked...HYUNJIN DON'T EAT IT IT MAY BE RAW STILL!...it's not cooked is it....fuck sake"

turns out cooking with felix was way more stressful than hyunjin had first thought it would be, the younger got angry quickly, and hyunjin wasn't exactly good at following instructions, like at all.

the whole process was meant to take less than 35 minutes, including chopping up all the ingredients. but it was 1 hour in and it still wasn't done. however hyunjin's stomach was starting to make some pretty strange noises

"aww are you hungry? well actually listen to me and you can eat faster!" felix helpfully input

except hyunjin wasn't really listening, he knew that this was more than hunger. he had a deep ache in his stomach, the kind of one that was extremely hard to describe, and his head was starting to hurt. his mind went back to that spoonful of raw beef he had eaten earlier and suddenly realised what he had actually done.

he had eaten raw beef. shit.

"uh felix....you know how i ate raw beef earlier...." he trailed off as the ache in his stomach dramatically worsened and soon he was doubling over in pain, the food he was cooking long forgotten and his only thought was 'why did i do that?'

"i'm on my way hyunjin, just stay on the phone alright. i'll text channie-hyung quickly" it turns out felix had actually left as soon as he realised hyunjin was in discomfort. he knew signs of food poisoning from a mile away because back in australia his sisters had gotten it numerous times, which was both a good thing for this situation but also a bad thing, surely having food poisoning that many times couldn't be good for a person...right?

within minutes felix was with hyunjin, dragging his sweaty body out of the kitchen (don't worry he turned off the stove and oven first) and changed his shirt into a softer one before putting him into bed. he grabbed a bucket from the bathroom and placed it on the floor by hyunjin's bed in case his stomach felt the need to expel the beef from his stomach.

and soon enough felix's assumptions became truth, hyunjin (who felix thought was sleeping so he gave him quite the scare) suddenly shot into a sitting position before leaning over the side of the bed and gagging a few times before throwing up into the bucket.

felix had to hold his shoulders up, luckily his hair was already tied up, to stop hyunjin's weak body from collapsing altogether.

after 5 minutes hyunjin was sleeping again and felix had emptied out the bucket and given it a thorough wash before putting it back by his sick friend's bed and tip-toeing out of the room again so to not wake him. felix heard the dorm door open and in he met 3racha just inside the door

"yeah the dumbass ate raw beef when i told him to check if it was cooked earlier so he's pretty sick now, he just threw up but there's a bucket by his bed again just in case" he explained to the trio

"hyunjin was cooking?" jisung asked, raising his eyebrow

"you can tease him all you want when he's better, he's pretty messed up right now" felix smirked at jisung, knowing hyunjin was never hearing the end of this once he recovered...