(Chapter 2) New Friends and New Enemies

I woke up feeling something soft next to my cheek. I opened my eyes to see a small creature that looked like a dog. Then the weirdest thing happened. It talked!

"Hello Z! It's so nice to finally meet you!" The creature started. "I'm Xiaomon! Your Digimon friend!"

(Xiaomon)    "Digimon? What in the world is a Digimon?" I questioned

(Xiaomon)
"Digimon? What in the world is a Digimon?" I questioned.

'Xiaomon' didn't answer and just started bouncing away. I probably hit my head and now I'm hallucinating. I decided to follow her as she seemed to know where she was going. Soon enough we reached an opening where we found the girl with a pink hat. What caught my attention however was the small green creature.

"Tanemon!" Xiaomon shouted, bouncing towards this so-called Tanemon.

Tanemon noticed her and ran over to her. It may have looked like a plant with legs but it looked adorable in a way. While they were talking I walked over to the girl.

"Hello." I end up saying as I kneel down to sit next to her. 'Maybe she won't be so bad' I think.

"Hmm? Oh! Hi, sorry I didn't notice you. I guess I was just lost in thought." She went on about how she was trying to figure out where we were, and what the Digimon were. Suddenly, we were interrupted by a loud screech like noise. We turned around and noticed how there were trees flying to different sides. Apparently something was coming this way, and fast too.

We looked at it then looked back at each other and started screaming while scrambling to get up and out of there. As we ran, Mimi- she mentioned her name in her rant -tripped on a rock. I slid to a stop as I wasn't going to leave her behind. Suddenly the others appeared, Sora running over to help Mimi. 'Sora seems to care for Mimi, despite not knowing her. I wonder what that's about?' I snapped out of my thoughts as Sora dragged me fully to the ground with her and Mimi. Apparently I was too lost in thought to notice as the thing that had been chasing us had flown above us, trying to strike us in the process.

'Jeez, that was close.'  As we all ran, I noticed there were more creatures. 'Huh, I guess we all get one.' I think as everyone has a Digimon by there side. Suddenly we stopped, apparently we had reached a cliff. We went to turn around but the monster, a giant bug named Kuwagamon, was already there. All of the Digimon went to attack but Kuwagamon swatted them like flies. I ran over to Xiaomon and picked her up, walking backwards towards the others. Xiaomon suddenly started squirming around, try to get free.

"I want to fight!" Xiaomon said while growling at Kuwagamon. As I looked around, all the other Digimon started to try and brake free aswell. The others were protesting about how the Digimon were too weak. They all ended up breaking free and going to attack it.

As they got close to the insectoid monster, our weird devices glowed and 8 beams of light shot down from the sky, surrounding each Digimon. Something amazing happened and suddenly they grew to some bigger looking creatures. Were they still Digimon? Who knows. Xiaomon evolved into a bigger-looking dog, with red ears, a red tail, and red tiger-like stripes on her face.

"Retrieving!" Xiaomon(?) barked at Kuwagamon, a large wave of force pushing it back. Along with the others attacks, they seemed to have defeated him for the time being. The newly evolved creatures ran over to us, celebrating. However, as we weren't paying attention, Kuwagamon got back up and almost hit Tai, the spiky haired brunette from before. His digimon pushed him out of the way. Kuwagamon hit the cliff, his pinchers breaking of the part we were standing on, and we all fell down towards the river, man can we have a break?