rose | 01

sounds of the rain and a patter of steps could be heard, heading towards the temple beside Beach City. There ran a male with tears in his eyes, while in his hands were a little child; sleeping peacefully despite the frantic movements. The male then reached towards the temple and he started to place a baby on the floor inside the temple, he looks at the child with teary eyes as feeling of guilt wash over him. "Im sorry ####, but this is for the best of us. Me and you, i'll love you forever my little dove.." the man said while rubbing the baby's cheeks. He look at his child and kissed her forehead as a farewell goodbye. He then stood up and walked to the entrance of the temple, the man looked across the distant shore infront of him before eventually looking back behind him only to see his child still sleeping ever so peacefully. Tears still streaming down from his face but he wiped it off and immediately ran off to go to god knows where.

It was morning already and Greg decided that he wanted to visit his girlfriend and her friends, he took his black shirt with a star on it with a pair of jeans. He then took off to the temple, skipping his steps towards the temple while humming the song that he wanted to tell his girlfriend about. Well, that was the plan until he heard sound of a baby crying inside where the gems resides in.

Greg ran towards the temple once he heard the sound only to find a baby at the bottom of the warp pad that the gems has. He was shocked and almost fainted once he sees her, but he walks over her with a slightly shaking hands. He take a closer look at the baby and once the baby look over him, she started to laugh and her arms begin to make a grabby gesture; wanting to be held.

He was skeptical at first on why on earth is there a baby in a restricted area like this, but he still cradle the baby to stop her from crying. "Why the hell is there a baby in the middle of a tem-" his voice was cut short until the warp pad begins to glow and there they stood his girlfriend and The Crystal Gems.

"Greg! oh my stars, you couldn't believe-" Rose Quartz; the leader of The Crystal Gems said. She has her eyes closed until she opened her eyes she stops right on her track looking directly to the child on Greg's arms. The Pearl beside her was flabbergasted looking at him while the other two gems was amused at the scene before them.

"Greg.. who is .. that?!" Rose said as stars could be seen from her eyes, she jumped away from the warp pad and towards the two humans. She was now looking at the child before her with pure amazement on how is there such a small thing. "Oh h-hey, Rose! i didn't know you would come back this early. And i don't know whose child is this, she just appeared beside the warp pad; crying." the male said to Rose, she was still staring intently at the child that was on Greg's hands. Pearl then walked towards the two and started to look at the baby very.. strangely as one could say. "What is.. that. Why is it so small?" Rose gave a little nudge to Pearl after calling the baby 'it'. Clearly not like where this is going, Greg then decided to tell the gems that he's going to the police station and asked them if they knew the baby's parents.

"No! Greg please, can we take care of her? i wanted to know on how to raise a human child..." Greg and Pearl was obviously shocked at Rose's plea to take the child in. "But- we still don't know who her parents are! she could be a trap for all we know." Pearl said trying to convince Rose to not adopt the child her own, while Garnet walked towards the trio with Amethyst on her hand. "No, Rose. I think it would be a great idea for you to take her in." The fusion said with a monotone voice, and the pearl beside her was looking at her with a shocked and betrayed eyes. "Woahh.. she's so silly, i want to play with her!" The youngest gem immediately took a liking to the little child, feeling like they would be the bestest buddies once the child finally grow up. Greg face palmed his forehead once the gems(except Pearl) wanted to take the child in under their wings. "Okay, fine. I'll just..help you guys on how to take care a child i guess? since i've also never taken care of a child before." the boy announced as his peers started voice their happiness, especially Rose.

a/n: woahh this is so fun, i'll try my best to not give up on this fic! and try my best to finish it as soon as possible :)